Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 18, 2010 7:58:51 AM

Dear Friend,

any new card coming from nvidia which is equilant to HD 4770 512 mb in terms of performance and price.

More about : graphic card

a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2010 9:50:56 AM

GTS 450? It has been out for a month or so.
October 18, 2010 9:57:18 AM

GTS 450 is between HD 5750 and 5770.
Related resources
a c 164 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
October 18, 2010 10:11:38 AM

So your looking for a new card with less performance then the GTS450? The only fermi card like that out now is the GT430. It completely sucks for gaming and is to expensive for main stream HTPC use. You are much better off getting an AMD card.
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2010 10:18:50 AM

digvijaysingh said:
GTS 450 is between HD 5750 and 5770.


As the post above me says, the only slower card from the GTS450 and from the last gen of Nvidia cards is the GT430, but it isn't meant for gaming. So the GTS450 would be the only choice in that case.

Unless the OP wants to buy a HD 5670.
a c 164 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
October 18, 2010 10:23:55 AM

Wrong unknown. The GT430 IS a fermi card, so its current gen. But its been scaled so far back its gaming ability is practically nothing. Early test show its image quality for HTPC use is lower then other cards, and it costs more then better performing GT240. But it can do 3D :p 
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2010 1:47:48 PM

4745454b said:
Wrong unknown. The GT430 IS a fermi card, so its current gen. But its been scaled so far back its gaming ability is practically nothing. Early test show its image quality for HTPC use is lower then other cards, and it costs more then better performing GT240. But it can do 3D :p 


I meant the latest generation. :D  I'm not a n00b you know.
a c 164 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
October 19, 2010 12:41:12 AM

I was going to say you are a noob if you are writing that the GT430 is a prior gen card, but reading what you wrote again (and slower this time so my mind can understand it) I think I know what you meant now. Counting this and prior generation cards....

Nevermind, sometimes I should with hold posting until AFTER I wake up.
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 9:53:12 AM

4745454b said:
I was going to say you are a noob if you are writing that the GT430 is a prior gen card, but reading what you wrote again (and slower this time so my mind can understand it) I think I know what you meant now. Counting this and prior generation cards....

Nevermind, sometimes I should with hold posting until AFTER I wake up.


:D 
October 20, 2010 7:20:08 AM

Friends, I was looking for nvidia card which give price and performance equal to HD 4770 in gaming. Now as HD 4770 performance is between HD 5670 and 5750.
so i will have to wait for some more time. i am looking for new generation card.
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2010 8:44:36 AM

digvijaysingh said:
Friends, I was looking for nvidia card which give price and performance equal to HD 4770 in gaming. Now as HD 4770 performance is between HD 5670 and 5750.
so i will have to wait for some more time. i am looking for new generation card.


HD5670 ~ HD 4770

HD 6800 series will launch on Friday, 57xx prices will drop soon, then grab a 5750. (or a GTS450, if 57xx prices go down, then surely Nvidia will cut the prices of GTS450's)
a c 164 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
October 20, 2010 9:22:48 AM

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the reviews of the GT430 that Nvidia thinks thats the last fermi to roll out. I find it hard to believe that they will allow the gap between the GT430 and GTS450 to exist. Either way the GTS450 is faster then the 4770, while the GT430 is much slower. Nvidia has no current gen card that competes with the 4770.
October 21, 2010 9:05:04 AM

Right guys,
I will wait for Friday. Price decrease on HD 5750 or GTS 450 may occur.
Whoso ever will be less in coming one or two week, I will purchase.
a c 164 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
October 21, 2010 11:44:06 AM

GTS450 is currently priced closer to the 5770. (last I looked anyways...) Might want to put that card on your watch list as well.
a b U Graphics card
October 21, 2010 5:43:09 PM

4745454b said:
GTS450 is currently priced closer to the 5770. (last I looked anyways...) Might want to put that card on your watch list as well.


There have been rumors on possible price cuts on GTX460 cards and the GTX470, so he might want to wait a little while longer.
!