Monitor and TV dillemma

a2mn2002

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Hi all :hello: . I wana build a new intel i5-760 pc with 1gb nividia 460 gpu.
I wana 22 inch or above LED monitor and wana use it as TV also.
My Questions are :pt1cable: :
1. Should I buy a simple LED monitor and separate TV tuner card.
2. Should I buy a monitor TV Combo :ouch: ?
3. Pros and cons in both cases.
i live in punjab in india.

fellskrazykayaker

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
How about both? Why not get a monitor with an integrated TV tuner and also get a TV Tuner card for your PC? Samsung has a line of monitors with integrated tuners.

Then you can watch TV without waiting for your PC to boot up but also have the flexibility to use your PC as a DVR with online television programming guide if necessary. :D

The clarity of a Monitor cannot be beaten by that of a tele.... the more they complicate it the worse the result.
Spec may say otherwise, but the user finally know..... it's great to watch tele on your monitor and it sucks to browse the net on your tele....

a2mn2002

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

thnx for reply.

i wana use it more as a PC less as a TV. but i dont wana spend extra money on seprate TV?

a2mn2002

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

i also wish to buy a decent LED with inbuilt TV tuner card. and u said so .... :bounce:
What are those models are. whould u please tell me.... :hello:

Well, Ok, what is your budget?
I found a really great monitor and tv in one the Sony Bravia
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889252083
I really don't know how much that'll be available for here....

Although you might find a 24" Benq or Samsung but it's not worth it going for that size.
Actually it all depends on your room size, but if I had the money, I'd think of going for that 32" Sony, it's not too big and it's HD so I guess pretty much worth the quality I might get it for here.
But I know Sony happens to be on the more expensive side around here but still give it a thought.
Of course there are other brads and you need to go out to a few showrooms and lets see. Post the models that you reviewed and their prices, We'll help you out.

Hells!!! I just checked out Sony India and I can't keep a straight face...... :(
All the damn things are bleeding expensive here.....

Hells!! it'll be cheaper to pick up a projector and have a great audio system to go with it.....
Go for the new View Sonic 27" or go for the Benq 24" LED it's just about 15K-18K INR.
And I have 3 of them, so they're really cool.....
Of course I used to watch TV on one of them thru the Computer but finally gave up cos of quality problems.....

a2mn2002

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
MY usses are :
HD movies , Gaming at HD resolution. watching tv on Monitor.

Suggest me some LED monitors with integrated tv tuner cards of size 21-24 inches
My prefferd Brands are :
1. Samsung
2. Acer
3. LG
4. Benq
5. any other.

OR

suggest be the simple LED monitor of same size and
what external Tv tuner card should be taken.