Sign in with
Your question

Dual DVI to 2 DVI cable for ATI FirePro V7750

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 18, 2010 12:38:16 PM

Can anyone recommend a dual DVI-I to 2 DVI-I cable that will allow my ATI FirePro V7750 to drive two separate DVI displays, where to buy, cost, etc.? Thanks in advance for your help.
October 19, 2010 1:28:49 PM

Nope, the product you listed has a DSM59 interface at the card , which is not a dual DVI-I interface and will not work, but thanks for the response. I did find a Belkin cable, but the two outputs are one DVI-I and one VGA. I think I will just use the two displayport interfaces with the appropriate adapters.
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2010 4:11:19 PM

lewist57 said:
Nope, the product you listed has a DSM59 interface at the card , which is not a dual DVI-I interface and will not work, but thanks for the response. I did find a Belkin cable, but the two outputs are one DVI-I and one VGA. I think I will just use the two displayport interfaces with the appropriate adapters.

Sorry about the DSM59 but really I fail to see why you are insisting on using the DVI-I if both monitors are DVI input then not needing the analog signal.
m
l
October 20, 2010 1:07:05 PM

Well, the connector on the ATI card is a DVI-I connector, and the connectors for the two monitors are DVI-I, so I was hoping to be able to buy a single cable to connect the card to my two monitors without the use of adapters. However, I have already abandonded this concept and ordered adapters, and hope they do not degrade the signals.
m
l
October 2, 2012 2:11:53 AM

Y cable are not recommend because of video quality issues. I would recommend buying an active DVI Splitter. I had an application and bought a couple of units from KVMSwitchTech. They have worked out great for my application.
m
l
!