ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard won't turn on

zephyrnix

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

The motherboard is getting power, due to the power light being on, on the motherboard once it's powered up. But here is the problem. When I hit the power button. the motherboard get's less then a second of activity (the ASUS text on a blue square located near the SATA connectors lights up), then that's it. The power lights are still on, but thats all the activity it gets.

For the record, the EATX12V isn't plugged in... but the reason behind that, is I don't know what to plug in to it. It has 8 pins. My power supply came with a 2, 4, 6 Extention pins (you know, the ones that have the yellow cable). According to the manual, it says plug the 4 / 8.... 4 .... but I tried all three and none of them worked.

I think I may know the answer, but before I go spending MORE money, I'm gonna inquire.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
The EATX12V connector must be plugged in to boot. That connector is the power supply connection for your CPU. So basically what you have is power to everything except the brains of the computer.

Your PSU needs to have a 4 or 8 pin EATX12V connector. You can plug a 4 pin EATX12V connector from the PSU into an 8 pin EATX12V connector on the motherboard. Just plug it into one side. However, if you can get a PSU that has the 8 pin connector, that would be better.

zephyrnix

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011

Well, after I posted that, I went to best buy and brought a new power supply because I found out my old one wasn't powerful enough..... It worked for awhile, but then stopped..

JohnyGt

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
does the new PS have an eight-pin connector? If not, you may have to use 2x4pin connectors. Also, check the board carefully for other connectors. I had a BFG 680iSLI that required the 24(20+4) connector, one 8 pin, and one 4 pin molex connector. If any one wasn't connected, odd things would happen.