Sign in with
Your question

ECS A785GM-M and CORSAIR Vengeance 1600 DDR RAM

Last response: in Memory
November 16, 2011 1:13:09 AM

Hi,

I bought a 16GB CORSAIR Vengeance ddr3 1600 kit for my ECS A785GM-M. However, after I install the new RAM, there is no display at all, I cannot even go into the BIOS setup page. My old RAM is also from CORSAIR but it is DDR3 1333 instead.

My friend has help me tried out the new RAM on his system stick by stick and verified that all the sticks are working.

Anyone face similar problem before? Appreicate your advice.
a c 128 } Memory
November 16, 2011 1:47:37 AM

You can try flashing the bios, but be careful, or you could end up with a dead board. You must disable any "boot block" and "virus protection" settings you may find in your board bios. Then download the "Eblu" bios update utility and install on your board; you may also need to download the top bios file (latest version) or the utility may do a search on ecs website and find it for you. I've never used this utility flash program, but most will open a small window while flashing. It may prompt you to save the old file. I would skip this operation, since the old file is listed on the webpage. The program will erase the old bios file and install the new one. Be patient and don't touch any keys or do anything that might reboot the system, or you could have a dead motherboard. Use default settings while flashing (no overclocking settings, and your old ram). http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.... If you want more advice, then write ecs tech support. They once sent me a new bios file to fix a problem I had with one of their boards. There's no guarantee that flashing the bios will do any good, so you may be safer waiting for ecs to answer your email first. And check your current bios file listed at the top of the post screen. If it's the latest version, no point in flashing.
m
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
November 16, 2011 2:59:27 PM

It seems you have double posted. I replied in your other thread.
m
l
November 17, 2011 5:28:53 AM

Thanks fellow members for all your guidance and advices.

I managed to get the new RAM working. What I did was to install 2 sticks of new RAM with the old RAM and the system managed to reboot with no problem. Then I took out the old RAM and installed the other 2 sticks of new RAM, and it boot up again.

I also tweek the BIOS manually such that it boot up as 1600Mhz instead of 1333Mhz, since the BIOS supported it, but I've to look at the timing setting from CPU ID and input them into the BIOS. However, no improvement from WEI, still got 7.5 even it is 1600 Mhz.
m
l
September 24, 2012 12:23:11 AM

gsanglan said:
Thanks fellow members for all your guidance and advices.

I managed to get the new RAM working. What I did was to install 2 sticks of new RAM with the old RAM and the system managed to reboot with no problem. Then I took out the old RAM and installed the other 2 sticks of new RAM, and it boot up again.

I also tweek the BIOS manually such that it boot up as 1600Mhz instead of 1333Mhz, since the BIOS supported it, but I've to look at the timing setting from CPU ID and input them into the BIOS. However, no improvement from WEI, still got 7.5 even it is 1600 Mhz.

What bios were you running? My bios only offers up to 800?? I also have 1600 Mhz. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust these settings and have not found a way.
m
l
!