Solved

Are there any Sandy Bridge benches with Turbo mode disabled?

Like, at it running stock the whole time?

I think it's a little unfair to run an overclocked chip against stock. Is it impressive that it can get to 3.7?? I guess, but I could do that myself on older chips.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sandy bridge benches turbo mode disabled
  1. I don't see how that's "unfair". The chip is just operating within its designed capabilities. Plus, 3.8GHz IS stock in a sense. OC'ers can get 5GHz easy with this processor...
  2. Hi.

You can find the answer here: http://hwbot.org/
  3. Thanks for the replies, but I'm still having a problem understanding. That hwbot site is just a list of scores for overclocking....What I'm looking for is stock, turbo disabled, to help see if Sandy's new architecture is really an improvement or if it's just old tech with a Nitro button.
  4. Ogre Choker said:
    Thanks for the replies, but I'm still having a problem understanding. That hwbot site is just a list of scores for overclocking....What I'm looking for is stock, turbo disabled, to help see if Sandy's new architecture is really an improvement or if it's just old tech with a Nitro button.

You can know that testing, that's the way to find the answer.

People that buy a SB CPU and never overclock it, probably don't know that "Turbo Boost" is enable. People that buy the same SB and overclock it, never use Turbo Boost.
  5. Ogre Choker said:
    Thanks for the replies, but I'm still having a problem understanding. That hwbot site is just a list of scores for overclocking....What I'm looking for is stock, turbo disabled, to help see if Sandy's new architecture is really an improvement or if it's just old tech with a Nitro button.

I didn't do any stock benches with Turbo Disabled, but here's all 4 cores overclocked to 4700mhz.

6. Best answer
  7. Best answer selected by Ogre Choker.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Sandy Bridge Chip