Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2010 5:39:15 PM

:bounce: 
Okay! Simply put, I'ma gamer and i need a new and good Graphic Card that will make me go wow when i play the games that matters today & tomorrow, etc WoW, mw2/Black ops! Also, without any lagg

So i read the best Graphic Card for the money Article, so i found x2 Cards that seemed to be very good for the money...

1. Radeon HD 5870 1 GB

Codename: RV870 "Cypress"
Process: 40 nm
Universal Shaders: 1600
Texture Units: 80
ROPs: 32
Memory Bus: 256-bit
Core Speed MHz: 850
Memory Speed MHz: 1200 (4800 effective)
DirectX/Shader Model: DX 11/SM 5.0

2. GeForce GTX 470

Codename: GF100
Process: 40 nm
Universal Shaders: 448
Texture Units: 56
ROPs: 40
Memory Bus: 320-bit
Core/Shader Speed MHz: 607 / 1215
Memory Speed MHz: 837 (3348 effective)
DirectX/Shader Model: DX 11/SM 5.0

I myself can basically nothing about computers, i mean im not TOTALLY clueless, but overall my knowledge is very tiny :p 
So... I need some help here. I can spend about 390$ on a Grapic Card, which i think isnt too shabby.
If i understand this right, you cant have any RAM, Motherboard in order for a new Card to work? (correct me if im wrong).

So im gonna tell you whats inside of my computer incase you need the info.

Processor: Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2.20GHz
RAM: 4GB

Hmm, i can't find wich type of motherboard i have, the information above i got by just right clicking on computer->properties. Let me know if u need the motherboard info and i shall get it!

I have a full HD monitor aswell if that has anything to do with it...

P.S. I bought my computer, it's not self made. And aloso, im getting a new case (i think thats the right word, or "box" maybe?) aswell for my computer. So if you have any good suggestions for that aswell, feel free to let me know! :)  Anything from 74-104$ should be good

More about : question

October 19, 2010 5:59:27 PM

lol didnt even notice, its a type, lemme edit this!
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 6:02:49 PM

Hmmm

If you have a Phenom 9500, you probably have PCI-E 2.0, which means you'd be fine with almost every card out today.

As Matt listed, a 470 SOC would be great, as it gets very close to a 480 in performance. It'd destroy WoW and MW2, and I'm sure it'd also spank Black Ops easily.

A 5870 would also accomplish this, and the SOC edition does beat a reference 5870.

But are you really going to notice a difference between 130 FPS and 120? Nope.

You WILL however, notice power usage and heat levels, and the unfortunate fact is that a 470 SOC will use 50 watts more, and run about 8 degrees Celsius hotter, than a 5870. If you don't care about this, then get the 470.
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 6:12:11 PM

krayde said:
lol didnt even notice, its a type, lemme edit this!

Just do the "Quick Edit" function on your first post. It's one of the little boxes in the lower right corner of the post.

For MW2, the review has the Gigabyte SOC at 132 fps vs. 112 for the 5870.
October 19, 2010 6:13:09 PM

borisof007 said:
Hmmm

If you have a Phenom 9500, you probably have PCI-E 2.0, which means you'd be fine with almost every card out today.

As Matt listed, a 470 SOC would be great, as it gets very close to a 480 in performance. It'd destroy WoW and MW2, and I'm sure it'd also spank Black Ops easily.

A 5870 would also accomplish this, and the SOC edition does beat a reference 5870.

But are you really going to notice a difference between 130 FPS and 120? Nope.

You WILL however, notice power usage and heat levels, and the unfortunate fact is that a 470 SOC will use 50 watts more, and run about 8 degrees Celsius hotter, than a 5870. If you don't care about this, then get the 470.

Hmm, first of all, what is a PCI-E 2.0? xD
And what u mention about the 470 is ~8degrees hotter then the 5870. I mean, since i bought this computer and not self build it, it usually means its not good ventilation, in other words, little fans or bad fans, in this case yes. I have i think one fan and my computer now are getting pretty hot i think.

October 19, 2010 6:14:14 PM

17seconds said:
Just do the "Quick Edit" function on your first post. It's one of the little boxes in the lower right corner of the post.

For MW2, the review has the Gigabyte SOC at 132 fps vs. 112 for the 5870.

Oh really? Mind giving me the link please? :) 
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 6:19:11 PM

krayde said:
Oh really? Mind giving me the link please? :) 

http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-470-...
This card does vent heat inside the case. A reference type model would vent heat outside the case. I started a thread several weeks ago asking if it was a problem to vent heat inside vs outside the case, and no one seemed to think it was a problem.
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 6:24:24 PM

just to let you know I was in a Frys electronics the other day and purchased a galaxy gtx 470 for 250 plus tax. I think other manufacturers may follow with a similar price drop on their gtx 470s but this is all speculation. However if you live near a Frys this deal is very hard to pass up. The 5870 or gtx 470 will more than suit your needs. Also what resolution do you play at and what power supply do you have. For 250 i would go with the 470 I saw in another post that someone found a 5850 on newegg for 198 after mib, the card starts at 258 but if you can wait for the rebate you will have a 5850 for less than 200. The gtx 470 is a bit faster than a 5850 and a bit slower than a 5870 either way any of these mentioned graphics cards should put you where you need to be. If your motherboard and power supply is ample enough for the 400 dollar mark i would go with gtx 460 in sli or a 5770 in crossfire which is around the same performance of a 5870 and the sli 460s are comparable to a single gtx 480, So for around 400 dollars no matter if you go with a single card or a crossfire/sli config you will have a badass gpu setup

here is the link to the 5850 on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
October 19, 2010 6:29:43 PM

jjb8675309 said:
just to let you know I was in a Frys electronics the other day and purchased a galaxy gtx 470 for 250 plus tax. I think other manufacturers may follow with a similar price drop on their gtx 470s but this is all speculation. However if you live near a Frys this deal is very hard to pass up. The 5870 or gtx 470 will more than suit your needs. Also what resolution do you play at and what power supply do you have. For 250 i would go with the 470 I saw in another post that someone found a 5850 on newegg for 198 after mib, the card starts at 258 but if you can wait for the rebate you will have a 5850 for less than 200. The gtx 470 is a bit faster than a 5850 and a bit slower than a 5870 either way any of these mentioned graphics cards should put you where you need to be. If your motherboard and power supply is ample enough for the 400 dollar mark i would go with gtx 460 in sli or a 5770 in crossfire which is around the same performance of a 5870 and the sli 460s are comparable to a single gtx 480, So for around 400 dollars no matter if you go with a single card or a crossfire/sli config you will have a badass gpu setup

here is the link to the 5850 on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I allways play on highest resolution after getting my new monitor, Samsung SyncMaster BX2335. What do you mean with "wich power supply do i have" Im not english so its maybe a word i alrdy know but dont know the translation of it? :p 
October 19, 2010 6:30:53 PM

17seconds said:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-470-...
This card does vent heat inside the case. A reference type model would vent heat outside the case. I started a thread several weeks ago asking if it was a problem to vent heat inside vs outside the case, and no one seemed to think it was a problem.

Hmm, if it vent heat OUTSIDE the case, what does it really mean? (Sorry if im slow xD)
Does it make it more cooler, or? I dunno..
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 6:32:59 PM

krayde said:
I allways play on highest resolution after getting my new monitor, Samsung SyncMaster BX2335. What do you mean with "wich power supply do i have" Im not english so its maybe a word i alrdy know but dont know the translation of it? :p 

the Power Supply of your computer the (PSU) also what motherboard do you have, you might benefit from a crossfire or sli configuration but if your looking for a single card a would probly go for the 5870 for max settings
October 19, 2010 6:36:52 PM

jjb8675309 said:
the Power Supply of your computer the (PSU) also what motherboard do you have, you might benefit from a crossfire or sli configuration but if your looking for a single card a would probly go for the 5870 for max settings

Bare with me. I think i know what the Pwr Supply is, its were u put in ur power cable into the computer, yeah?
And I dont know what Motherboard i have, do you know how i could check it up please?
And i think i can only afford a single card, dual cards is over the 360$ mark, no?
October 19, 2010 6:43:17 PM

Quote:
are you overclocking that slow ass phenom quad.?
amd chip then got ATI card, my opinion..
my personal preference is the nVidia gtx470 oc'd. lol
you planning on sli or crossfire too.?

Well, i will pay max 360$ dollars for a Card. And Sli/CF cards is = double Graphic Cards, yes? And how i understand it, those costs a bit more, and i dont really need it to be THAT awesome! :p 
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 6:47:48 PM

I would say it's time to figure out which Power Supply Unit you have (PSU, where you plug in the power cord). Newer cards demand more power and an older system may not have enough power. If you have an owner's manual, it will be listed as "xxx watts".
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 6:49:18 PM

krayde said:
Well, i will pay max 360$ dollars for a Card. And Sli/CF cards is = double Graphic Cards, yes? And how i understand it, those costs a bit more, and i dont really need it to be THAT awesome! :p 

Jesus just get a gtx 470, end of story 360 will likely nto leave you enough budget for a 5870 and if you can barley understand what im saying and not provide info on mobo and psu than just get a single gtx 470 and be done with it
October 19, 2010 6:50:33 PM

17seconds said:
I would say it's time to figure out which Power Supply Unit you have (PSU, where you plug in the power cord). Newer cards demand more power and an older system may not have enough power. If you have an owner's manual, it will be listed as "xxx watts".

Hehe :p  Yeah then i knew what it was all along, lol. Hmm, think i ditched the manual tho lol, any other way to check it?
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 6:51:34 PM

17seconds said:

yes but moreover we need to know how many amps on a 12v rail you get, if you have a 250w power supply which you got with an old dell for example you wont be able to run anything more than a gt240 so this is very important, have you ran any other vid cards in the past?
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 6:52:35 PM

krayde said:
Hehe :p  Yeah then i knew what it was all along, lol. Hmm, think i ditched the manual tho lol, any other way to check it?

yeah open your case and find out the make and model of it, oftentimes specs are even listed on the side you should be able to see its amperage and wattage
October 19, 2010 6:53:31 PM

jjb8675309 said:
Jesus just get a gtx 470, end of story 360 will likely nto leave you enough budget for a 5870 and if you can barley understand what im saying and not provide info on mobo and psu than just get a single gtx 470 and be done with it

lol mate.
Well, i could push it abit more over the 360$ mark ofc. But i just want some good info i could rely on before making my decision...
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 6:56:10 PM

krayde said:
lol mate.
Well, i could push it abit more over the 360$ mark ofc. But i just want some good info i could rely on before making my decision...

lol well i would say overall the gtx 470 is a better buy right now, supposedly it is better than a 5850 and slighty worse than a 5870 in most situations, however I think a gtx 470 represents the best value in that price range right now, if you can afford a 5870 than go for that but otherwise the gtx 470 will more than suit your needs but you will probly needs to overclock you processor if you want to squeeze all the juice out of your graphics card. So the 50-100 dollars that you save by not buying a 5870 can be used towards an aftermarket cpu cooler, or maybe even a processor upgrade, but you already have a quad core so i would just look into overclocking. However without knowing your motherboard, ram, and the rest of your system there is no telling how stable an overclock might be, and if you have a low end mother board than you might not be able to overclock much at all. This is why all this information is important and pertinent when asking a simple question such as what graphics card do i buy on here.
October 19, 2010 6:57:19 PM

jjb8675309 said:
yes but moreover we need to know how many amps on a 12v rail you get, if you have a 250w power supply which you got with an old dell for example you wont be able to run anything more than a gt240 so this is very important, have you ran any other vid cards in the past?

This is a Packard Bell, i've never run any other cards in it. All is original
October 19, 2010 7:00:27 PM

jjb8675309 said:
lol well i would say overall the gtx 470 is a better buy right now, supposedly it is better than a 5850 and slighty worse than a 5870 in most situations, however I think a gtx 470 represents the best value in that price range right now, if you can afford a 5870 than go for that but otherwise the gtx 470 will more than suit your needs but you will probly needs to overclock you processor if you want to squeeze all the juice out of your graphics card

Are we talking about the GTX 470 or GTX 470 SOC, or are they the same? And what do i do when i overclock my processor? :p 
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 7:00:58 PM

well i can suggest a powersupply upgrade as well, is that something that you are looking to buy? becuase it sounds like the one you have is insufficient, if it is the same power supply that came with your system than i would say 99% chance it will not work.
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 7:05:32 PM

krayde said:
Are we talking about the GTX 470 or GTX 470 SOC, or are they the same? And what do i do when i overclock my processor? :p 

I would never pay extra money for an overclocked version of a card just get the cheapest gtx 470 you can find and overclock it yourself with a free utility such as msi afterburner. Processor can be overclocked in the bios, but again, without knowing your motherboard I cannot direct you any further with that. Also you do not want to just start overclocking it if you have no clue what your doing, I would start a new thread in the appropriate forum for that to learn about overclocking. It involves incrementing and testing, there is no "fool proof" method although it is not hard. Also you looking at a marginal fram increase for the superclocked version which usually increases the cost of the graphics card significantly. Go with the cheapest gtx 470 you can find and overclock it yourself, if not the superclocked version will not be a whole lot better than the standard version and not worth it in my opinion.

More importantly you need to get a new power supply and video card than worry about overclocking your cpu and gpu
October 19, 2010 7:12:31 PM

jjb8675309 said:
I would never pay extra money for an overclocked version of a card just get the cheapest gtx 470 you can find and overclock it yourself with a free utility such as msi afterburner. Processor can be overclocked in the bios, but again, without knowing your motherboard I cannot direct you any further with that. Also you do not want to just start overclocking it if you have no clue what your doing, I would start a new thread in the appropriate forum for that to learn about overclocking. It involves incrementing and testing, there is no "fool proof" method although it is not hard. Also you looking at a marginal fram increase for the superclocked version which usually increases the cost of the graphics card significantly. Go with the cheapest gtx 470 you can find and overclock it yourself, if not the superclocked version will not be a whole lot better than the standard version and not worth it in my opinion.

More importantly you need to get a new power supply and video card than worry about overclocking your cpu and gpu

Couldn't have said it better myself, thanks a lot man. Soo... Do you know any good power supplies not to pricey?
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 7:12:40 PM

krayde said:
Are we talking about the GTX 470 or GTX 470 SOC, or are they the same?

Please read the review I linked. Yes, the Gigabyte SOC is a custom build with a very quiet and effective custom cooler. After reading through numerous reviews, this particular card really stands out.
October 19, 2010 7:14:27 PM

17seconds said:
Please read the review I linked. Yes, the Gigabyte SOC is a custom build with a very quiet and effective custom cooler. After reading through numerous reviews, this particular card really stands out.

Yup, i am reading it. @ page 3atm :p 
October 19, 2010 7:16:21 PM

But do you agree with jjb8675309 then MattO17secs? That it isnt worth buying a 470 SOC over the ordinary 470?
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 7:16:39 PM

krayde said:
Yup, i am reading it. @ page 3atm :p 

from past experience with gigabyte I would say that they are a very quality manufacturer of motherboards and gpus. However it all depends on price if you are paying 50-60 extra than no its def not worth it. But if the prices are marginally different and you do not know how to overclock than it might be a good idea to get the superclocked ed. It all depends on price, do realize though that although the gigabyte card may stay cooler and have a higher clock it is still a gtx 470 chip and will not be much different from any other gtx 470 cards. I can however say that I better designed cooler on a card is a big thing if you have an old case with bad airflow especially how enclosed a packard bell I imagine to be. it all depends on what your goigng to do with it for the average user the standard clock gtx 470 is more than enough an will likley save you a few bucks but if you can pick up to superclocked ed for a small price more than go for it by all means, really you cant go too wrong either way
October 19, 2010 7:19:07 PM

jjb8675309 said:
from past experience with gigabyte I would say that they are a very quality manufacturer of motherboards and gpus

Ehm... What do u mean m8?
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 7:21:28 PM

krayde said:
Ehm... What do u mean m8?

gigabyte is usually top of the line quality
October 19, 2010 7:28:34 PM

jjb8675309 said:
gigabyte is usually top of the line quality

Is Gigabyte a producer like etc. NiVidia?
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 7:29:15 PM

krayde said:
But do you agree with jjb8675309 then MattO17secs? That it isnt worth buying a 470 SOC over the ordinary 470?

Normally I would, but the overclock is not the main selling point for this card. The custom cooler is really what sets the Gigabyte apart. The regular GTX470 has been plagued by the well-documented heat and noise issue. Overclocking the reference cooler only adds more heat and noise. With a custom cooler, the Gigabyte SOC is "nearly silent", as the review says, and it keeps the card a full 20c cooler at load than the stock card. Add in the factory overclock for even better performance, and it's a pretty good combination. As you can see from the review, it comes very close to top of the line GTX480 performance, and generally beats the 5870 in the games you mentioned you wanted to play.

This review from Tom's Hardware also points out the differences in the card's design:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gv-n470SO-13I-super...

"Gigabyte's card has a unique circuit board that differs from the reference model. The GV-N470SO-13I sports a beefy 14-phase PWM design, with 12 phases for the GPU and two phases for the memory. Gigabyte’s Ultra Durable VGA+ specification covers a blanket of features that it claims provides the following benefits: 2 oz. copper PCB for better cooling, tier-one Samsung and Hynix memory for better overclocking potential, Japanese solid capacitors for reliability, ferrite core/metal chokes to prevent energy loss, low RDS on MOFSET for faster electric current charging and discharging, and high-quality film capacitors. We have tested Gigabyte's Ultra Durable claims in the past--specifically the benefits of 2 oz. of copper on the PCB--and found the results have some merit."

"Gigabyte’s GV-N470SO-13I Super Overclock edition card performs very well compared to Nvidia’s reference GeForce GTX 470. The ~100 MHz core clock and ~200 MHz shader clock rate advantage result in tangible speed-ups in a number of games. More importantly, the Gigabyte card manages to pull off better performance while using less power than the reference card, sustaining cooler GPU temperatures, and generating less noise in the process."

"Gigabyte’s Super Overclock card has to be the most impressive GeForce GTX 470 we’ve seen yet."
October 19, 2010 7:36:15 PM

17seconds said:
Normally I would, but the overclock is not the main selling point for this card. The custom cooler is really what sets the Gigabyte apart. The regular GTX470 has been plagued by the well-documented heat and noise issue. Overclocking the reference cooler only adds more heat and noise. With a custom cooler, the Gigabyte SOC is "nearly silent", as the review says, and it keeps the card a full 20c cooler at load than the stock card. Add in the factory overclock for even better performance, and it's a pretty good combination. As you can see from the review, it comes very close to top of the line GTX480 performance, and generally beats the 5870 in the games you mentioned you wanted to play.

This review from Tom's Hardware also points out the differences in the card's design:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gv-n470SO-13I-super...

"Gigabyte's card has a unique circuit board that differs from the reference model. The GV-N470SO-13I sports a beefy 14-phase PWM design, with 12 phases for the GPU and two phases for the memory. Gigabyte’s Ultra Durable VGA+ specification covers a blanket of features that it claims provides the following benefits: 2 oz. copper PCB for better cooling, tier-one Samsung and Hynix memory for better overclocking potential, Japanese solid capacitors for reliability, ferrite core/metal chokes to prevent energy loss, low RDS on MOFSET for faster electric current charging and discharging, and high-quality film capacitors. We have tested Gigabyte's Ultra Durable claims in the past--specifically the benefits of 2 oz. of copper on the PCB--and found the results have some merit."

"Gigabyte’s GV-N470SO-13I Super Overclock edition card performs very well compared to Nvidia’s reference GeForce GTX 470. The ~100 MHz core clock and ~200 MHz shader clock rate advantage result in tangible speed-ups in a number of games. More importantly, the Gigabyte card manages to pull off better performance while using less power than the reference card, sustaining cooler GPU temperatures, and generating less noise in the process."

"Gigabyte’s Super Overclock card has to be the most impressive GeForce GTX 470 we’ve seen yet."

Sounds good enough for me! So exatly what is this card called? GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock?
October 19, 2010 7:37:37 PM

nvm, i found out. Gigabyte GeForce 470 Super Overclock, correct?
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 7:39:05 PM

krayde said:
nvm, i found out. Gigabyte GeForce 470 Super Overclock, correct?

The Newegg link in my first post has the SKU# and full name.
October 19, 2010 7:47:11 PM

17seconds said:
The Newegg link in my first post has the SKU# and full name.

Ah thanks! I will be reading that review aswell after im done reading 1000 others :p 
And oh yeah, im still tryin' to find out which mobo i have, and next to the cable that goes into my PSU there's a label which says: 230VAC, is this is? Im trying not to open *** up, cus this case is such a pain in the ass
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 7:49:11 PM

Holy smokes, I go to my sales meeting and come back to 20 responses.

I'll just step back now, XD
October 19, 2010 7:51:27 PM

borisof007 said:
Holy smokes, I go to my sales meeting and come back to 20 responses.

I'll just step back now, XD

Haha you do that, GL!
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 7:54:18 PM

krayde said:
Ah thanks! I will be reading that review aswell after im done reading 1000 others :p 
And oh yeah, im still tryin' to find out which mobo i have, and next to the cable that goes into my PSU there's a label which says: 230VAC, is this is? Im trying not to open *** up, cus this case is such a pain in the ass

I think that is voltage. You want wattage. Your case probably comes open with a couple screws. You'll have to open it up to install a video card (I suppose that will be another thread!), so you might as well try it out now before you spend all your budget.
October 19, 2010 8:05:32 PM

17seconds said:
I think that is voltage. You want wattage. Your case probably comes open with a couple screws. You'll have to open it up to install a video card (I suppose that will be another thread!), so you might as well try it out now before you spend all your budget.

lol true, is it necessary to shut down the PC?
October 19, 2010 8:14:51 PM

And oh lol, i did DXDIAG in the run. And there it says:

System Information

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: PACKARD BELL BV
System Model: IMEDIA A6500 NCD
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/05/08 10:31:05 Ver: 08.00.14
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 3162MB used, 5026MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9500 GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0644&SUBSYS_9600174B&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2287 MB
Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SMBX2335
Monitor Id: SAM0701
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5896 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.12.5896
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/10/2010 05:38:00, 12471400 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4504-11CF-F363-0CB61FC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0644
SubSys ID: 0x9600174B
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem9.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section003:8.17.12.5896:p ci\ven_10de&dev_0644
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

lol i did notice it was quite alot of info lol

a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 8:20:36 PM

krayde said:
lol true, is it necessary to shut down the PC?

Shut down the PC and unplug the power cord.
October 19, 2010 8:37:46 PM

17seconds said:
Shut down the PC and unplug the power cord.

Alright, i take it u didnt find what u need in the big post above?
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 9:05:53 PM

krayde said:
Alright, i take it u didnt find what u need in the big post above?

Any reference to the IMEDIA A6500 NCD is in a language I don't speak. I'm guessing the PSU in your PC will not be enough.

By the way, if you're Swedish, I'm a big fan of Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Franzen, and any other Swedish players on the Detroit Red Wings.
October 19, 2010 9:12:15 PM

17seconds said:
Any reference to the IMEDIA A6500 NCD is in a language I don't speak. I'm guessing the PSU in your PC will not be enough.

By the way, if you're Swedish, I'm a big fan of Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Franzen, and any other Swedish players on the Detroit Red Wings.

Hehe i wouldnt know, i aint into sports, but its Hockey, yeah?

And no, the Graphic Cards prolly wont fit into my PSU due to low watt. Hmm, i want the Gtx 470 overclock, but all i can find is a sli model, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclocked Edition 1280MB GDDR5 / PCI-E 2.0 / SLI / 2xDVI, wich the cheapest is 410.2$ online, to buy in store is a bit more expensive.

Another is the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 1.25GB GDDR5 / PCI-E 2.0 / DVI wich cheapest cost 378.77$ online, but this one dosnt have a "overclock" in its name so i take it its just the normal GTX 470?

Any thoughts?
a c 679 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 19, 2010 9:24:28 PM

krayde said:
Hehe i wouldnt know, i aint into sports, but its Hockey, yeah?

And no, the Graphic Cards prolly wont fit into my PSU due to low watt. Hmm, i want the Gtx 470 overclock, but all i can find is a sli model, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclocked Edition 1280MB GDDR5 / PCI-E 2.0 / SLI / 2xDVI, wich the cheapest is 410.2$ online, to buy in store is a bit more expensive.

Another is the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 1.25GB GDDR5 / PCI-E 2.0 / DVI wich cheapest cost 378.77$ online, but this one dosnt have a "overclock" in its name so i take it its just the normal GTX 470?

Any thoughts?

If you are not getting the Superoverclock version, then go for the cheapest GTX470 available. You need a power supply capable of delivering ~550-600 watts. You may want to consider a slight downgrade to a GTX460 if power and the rest of your system are not ideal for a 470.
October 19, 2010 9:29:22 PM

17seconds said:
If you are not getting the Superoverclock version, then go for the cheapest GTX470 available. You need a power supply capable of delivering ~550-600 watts. You may want to consider a slight downgrade to a GTX460 if power and the rest of your system are not ideal for a 470.

Hmm, well. Im going for the superclock, maybe the GTX470 if money dosnt allow. But in order to run a Superclock, we all know I need a better PSU. Aight, so im sitting here lookin on diffrent PSU's that allows 550w+, the cheapest one with 550w i can find on this particular site is the Corsair VX 550W 80+. Is this good? Know anything better?
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!