Sign in with
Your question

Fallout new vegas...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 235 U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 10:02:20 PM

played it today...i thought i was playing a beta version of an MMO...choppy graphics, really choppy...bad lag spikes during combat...white spots and flashes during movement. looks like PC gamers get screwed with another console port :??: 

http://pc.gamezone.com/reviews/item/fallout_new_vegas_r...

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2010/10/19/fallout-ne...

oh, its also a STEAM game even if you purchase the hard copy so no reselling it...but you do get all the added value that STEAM offers... :cry: 

More about : fallout vegas

October 19, 2010 10:26:45 PM

Good to know, I liked Fallout 3 but the constant bugs (and zero support) really made me wish I had picked it up for the xbox.
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2010 4:56:28 AM

Not getting it til i can get it at a bargain. thought FO3 was overrated, and this looks like a marginal improvement at best.

I'll get it when its half the cost, has patches and mods out, and when there's less out worth playing.
Related resources
October 23, 2010 7:24:14 PM

You might want to check your computer to make sure it is up to spec, your hardware is not failing and the health of your OS and programs. I have been playing pc games for about 15 years and there is always someone complaining about things like this and it is usually because they are BS'ing or do to one of the aforementioned problems. New Vegas runs fine no lag no chops, I will agree on the flashes though I have seen three and they look like someone signalling with a mirror at 300 yards. They are totally not a problem and virtually everygame has issues. I don't feel screwed by a port and I could be wrong but I think the company was PC first not console....anyway. I feel screwed by the lack or ports like Tekken or Soul Calibre.
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2010 8:22:41 PM

My brother downloaded New Vegas through Steam as well. He's playing @ 1080p with an ATI 5850 & i5-750. He says the game has crashed about 10 times and gets choppy every now and again. :( 
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2010 8:47:51 PM

For your information, the PC gamers have it good with this game, they have far fewer problems.

Honestly, the game might crash every 3-5 hours of straight gameplay and I've been playing the sh^t out of it.

I AM having stuttering problems, but I think it has something to do with my low VRAM, 512mb of GDDR3. It was also the same as FO3 was at first, and some patches and drivers fixed it up after awhile.

Honestly, I am loving this game. It is everything that FO3 should have been. My only gripe with it is that Deathclaws are RIDICULOUS. I really do recommend the game.
October 23, 2010 9:04:54 PM

I don't have any of these problems.

Windows 7 pro 64bit
Xeon x3360 2.83ghz
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
8GB DDR2 RAM
300GB Velocity Raptor
EVGA 8800gts 512MB

I bought the fallout newvegas collectors edition and the game plays perfectly fine.

ct1615 said:
played it today...i thought i was playing a beta version of an MMO...choppy graphics, really choppy...bad lag spikes during combat...white spots and flashes during movement. looks like PC gamers get screwed with another console port :??: 

http://pc.gamezone.com/reviews/item/fallout_new_vegas_r...

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2010/10/19/fallout-ne...

oh, its also a STEAM game even if you purchase the hard copy so no reselling it...but you do get all the added value that STEAM offers... :cry: 

a c 235 U Graphics card
October 23, 2010 9:14:15 PM

consider yourself lucky. there is a 17 page thread (broken into 3 parts) in the FA3 new vegas PC tech forum complaining about NPC & FPS lag spikes.

there is 3 page petition there demanding obsidian fix their bugs

another 3 pages on the game save issue that they just patched

Ill quote the gamespot review of the game "Absolutely swarming with disastrous bugs "

a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2010 9:34:21 PM

ct1615 said:
consider yourself lucky. there is a 17 page thread (broken into 3 parts) in the FA3 new vegas PC tech forum complaining about NPC & FPS lag spikes.

Ill quote the gamespot review of the game "Absolutely swarming with disastrous bugs "

That's the Xbox 360 review, the PC review doesn't say that.

The PC version says "Occasional glitches and performance issues".
October 23, 2010 9:36:50 PM

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/fallout-new-vegas/1...

This bug in particular is absolutely halarious.

After reading this I'll stop playing until the bugs get sorted out then. It could be I just haven't noticed them or got lucky and didn't run into them yet.

ct1615 said:

a c 592 U Graphics card
October 23, 2010 9:55:12 PM

Apparently there is a patch out for the PC today that will download and update automatically.
October 23, 2010 10:00:42 PM

I noticed with steam they download, update and install patches for you. Mine was updated I think Friday maybe.

17seconds said:
Apparently there is a patch out for the PC today that will download and update automatically.

a c 235 U Graphics card
October 23, 2010 11:36:24 PM

patch was out friday, it was mostly quest dialogue related and fixed the save issue for most people
!