Sign in with
Your question

Where to download ati 10.8

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2010 10:03:01 PM

i did a safe mode start used driver sweeper and am about to download

ati catalist controll center and software suite

now do i need both?? should i download one before the other??

and where exactly do i download them to or does it matter i.e programs, programs 86 some other randome place??

More about : download ati

October 19, 2010 10:23:03 PM

ok cool

and i did a driver sweeper but in programs ati catalist install manager is still in there i tryed uninstall and express uninstall and it said it couldnt find the program well then y is it still in the list or should i just asume its all gone
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2010 10:29:51 PM

lolk done ima restart now hopefully my resolution isnt shity when it reboots
m
l
October 19, 2010 11:32:17 PM

what the hell nothing changed resolution still sucks guess ill do a nother sweep and redownload the asus drivers back on
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 11:38:22 PM

You need to manually change the resolution.

Right click on your catalyst control centre icon in the tooltray. You should see a line with your cards name, just hover over it then hover over "set desktop area to" and choose the resolution of your screen.
m
l
October 19, 2010 11:48:52 PM

when it downloaded it didnt have any ati amd or anything in my tool bar

i went to personalize and went to change resolution and 1600x900 wasnt an option i deleted all that redownloaded the stock asus and its back to normal

the problem with normal is that i need 10.8 to play ffxiv

so should i try download 10.8 with the stock asus drivers on the computer or what.

edit : when i click the stock asus ati thing neer the clock on my task bar it ask if i want to check for up dats i clicked yes and it braught me to the sight i went to my self so maby i did need the stock asus ati stuff on the computer and then download 10.8
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2010 11:52:38 PM

Did you run the driver software?

Download it again from here - http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx choosing your card and operating system.

Keep your downloading box open while the driver downloads - it should be around 75 mb. When it's finished downloading, double click the icon and let it install.
m
l
October 20, 2010 12:03:52 AM

ya i downloaded it and when it opened it gave an install promt i did it and it said its installed and all was done

i rebooted but there where no ati icons or anything on my computer to make sure it took and nothing to make my resolution go back to 1600x900 but i will erase it all again and try one more time

and on this link http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/rad... i only do option one corect?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2010 12:10:17 AM

houdinii said:
ya i downloaded it and when it opened it gave an install promt i did it and it said its installed and all was done

i rebooted but there where no ati icons or anything on my computer to make sure it took and nothing to make my resolution go back to 1600x900 but i will erase it all again and try one more time

and on this link http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/rad... i only do option one corect?

Hmm I don't have an ATI notebook so I'm unsure about the driver setup. That first file looks like it is a pre-installer. If you don't have an ATI catalyst icon on your desktop, or in your start menu then try downloading the 2nd link (option 2) and installing that instead.
m
l
October 20, 2010 12:15:53 AM

omg im such a dodo i downloaded the installer thinking that was the driver lol
so once that installed i had to install the actual driver i read your post wrong but it actualy got me to the right place thank you guys very much for your help
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2010 1:17:48 AM

So it's working ok?

Tbh, I wasn't impressed by that 1.1mb installer file on the AMD driver site. It's not like that for the desktop drivers so I dunno why it has to be like that for the notebook ones. Even if it "works", *** like this doesn't help ATI's driver reputation.
m
l
!