Where to download ati 10.8

houdinii

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
i did a safe mode start used driver sweeper and am about to download

ati catalist controll center and software suite

now do i need both?? should i download one before the other??

and where exactly do i download them to or does it matter i.e programs, programs 86 some other randome place??

houdinii

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
ok cool

and i did a driver sweeper but in programs ati catalist install manager is still in there i tryed uninstall and express uninstall and it said it couldnt find the program well then y is it still in the list or should i just asume its all gone

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
You need to manually change the resolution.

Right click on your catalyst control centre icon in the tooltray. You should see a line with your cards name, just hover over it then hover over "set desktop area to" and choose the resolution of your screen.

houdinii

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
when it downloaded it didnt have any ati amd or anything in my tool bar

i went to personalize and went to change resolution and 1600x900 wasnt an option i deleted all that redownloaded the stock asus and its back to normal

the problem with normal is that i need 10.8 to play ffxiv

so should i try download 10.8 with the stock asus drivers on the computer or what.

edit : when i click the stock asus ati thing neer the clock on my task bar it ask if i want to check for up dats i clicked yes and it braught me to the sight i went to my self so maby i did need the stock asus ati stuff on the computer and then download 10.8

houdinii

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
ya i downloaded it and when it opened it gave an install promt i did it and it said its installed and all was done

i rebooted but there where no ati icons or anything on my computer to make sure it took and nothing to make my resolution go back to 1600x900 but i will erase it all again and try one more time

and on this link http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx i only do option one corect?

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

Hmm I don't have an ATI notebook so I'm unsure about the driver setup. That first file looks like it is a pre-installer. If you don't have an ATI catalyst icon on your desktop, or in your start menu then try downloading the 2nd link (option 2) and installing that instead.

houdinii

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
omg im such a dodo i downloaded the installer thinking that was the driver lol
so once that installed i had to install the actual driver i read your post wrong but it actualy got me to the right place thank you guys very much for your help

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
So it's working ok?

Tbh, I wasn't impressed by that 1.1mb installer file on the AMD driver site. It's not like that for the desktop drivers so I dunno why it has to be like that for the notebook ones. Even if it "works", *** like this doesn't help ATI's driver reputation.