how can control/change my touch pad settings??

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 13, 2005 11:32:22 AM

I have a sony vaio laptop running winXP. At home I usually use a
cordless mouse but when outside I need to use the touch pad. I wonder
how I can control its settings. Indeed, I checked several times the
icons in the control panel and I was unable to find a way to change
this settings. Under 'mouse' I can change only the mouse settings. I
hope someone can help, maybe telling me if I have to download some
specific drivers or some applications. Thanks a bunch!
MAU
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 13, 2005 7:40:54 PM

"italiano" <consilioitaliano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
|I have a sony vaio laptop running winXP. At home I usually use a
| cordless mouse but when outside I need to use the touch pad. I wonder
| how I can control its settings. Indeed, I checked several times the
| icons in the control panel and I was unable to find a way to change
| this settings. Under 'mouse' I can change only the mouse settings. I
| hope someone can help, maybe telling me if I have to download some
| specific drivers or some applications. Thanks a bunch!
| MAU

On VAIO Laptops, there is usually an application called "Sony Notebook
Setup". On the "Device" tab, remove the checkbox on "Pointing Device" and
click OK. This will disable the touchpad.

You'll have to remember to re-enable the touchpad (using the reverse) before
using the computer without the mouse.

Jef
!