What is a good motherboard that can use these CPUs?

Hey, I'm looking for a motherboard that can use the: AMD Phenom™ II X2 555 Black, but I also want to be able to upgrade the board to newer chips when I get the money like X4s. (Currently I am building my first ever PC (I'm a mac guy but want to play some new PC games)), so what are some good boards in the $80 range? Also, will this CPU with an okay ($60) graphics card be able to run ARMA2?
3 answers Last reply
More about what good motherboard cpus
  1. o1die said:

That mother board seems awesome. I like that you can overclock CPUs with it and unlock extra cores. But... can I use 2 video cards at a time? It says it has 2 PCI, I think so what does that mean? And would any video card work on this board or do I have to find one with a certain connector?

Also, I was looking at...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138179

but this one is not as good because you can't unlock extra cores, right?
  2. The one I recommended has extra pci-e slots and sata 6 support, which is good for ssds, not to mention a newer chipset. It's worth the extra money. But it doesn't have usb 3.0. I haven't used any devices yet that can take advantage of it, but you may want it. In your price range, my board is better, and has good bang for the buck.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus CPUs Motherboards Product