Need Advice on $1000 Gaming/VideoEditing Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukitaru

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
I decided to buy a new laptop before 2011, Please give me some recommend about what is the best desktop I can get out from $1000 (A little higher is okay).

Approximate Purchase Date: Before 2011

Budget Range: $1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming - Video Editing

Parts Not Required: Keyboard - Mouse - OS - Speaker

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: I decide to include some of the items below

1)AMD Phenom™II X6 1090T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
2)AMD Radeon HD 6850

(These 2 are also count in $1000)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe (I dont really understand this part, please explain it to me if you are free ^^! really appreciated)

Monitor Resolution: >= 1440x900

Additional Comments:

Please give me the recommend in form of :

MOBO: ?

CPU: ?

RAM: ?

PSU: ?

Video Card: ?

HDD: ?

Case: ?

Monitor: ?

Cooler: ?

SoundCard: ?

LAN card:

Thank you

Solution
347go5i.jpg

you dont need a sound card. or an 850 watt PSU
SLI/CXFire is literally a way to use two or more graphics card to achieve better FPS
Sli is Nvidia's version.
Crossfire/XFire is ATi Radeon's version.
there's also a great deal on the samsung spinpoint right now making it an even better choice.
also six cores isnt needed for gaming and if you only edit videos of video games or anything like that you probably could just get a AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU
instead of the 1090T

suteck

Distinguished
So you're @ $430 to start only leaving $570 for the rest?
ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard $110 - $460
PSU CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W $120 - $340
RAM G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO $77 - $263
HDD SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB $55 - $208
CASE COOLER MASTER HAF 922 $90 - $118
CPU cooler COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus $38 - $80
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card $58 - $22 left And the mobo has 8 channel sound so I don't know if you need that sound card.
You can use the "little higher" for the monitor.

HeyImGodly

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
347go5i.jpg

you dont need a sound card. or an 850 watt PSU
SLI/CXFire is literally a way to use two or more graphics card to achieve better FPS
Sli is Nvidia's version.
Crossfire/XFire is ATi Radeon's version.
there's also a great deal on the samsung spinpoint right now making it an even better choice.
also six cores isnt needed for gaming and if you only edit videos of video games or anything like that you probably could just get a AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU
instead of the 1090T

Solution

yukitaru

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
atotalnoob told me that six cores is better for rendering. Is it true ? as I need to do a lot of rendering in adobe after effect.
So the motherboard support the sound already? Well, i dont think I'm that kind of hardcore gamer so SLI/CSFire is not necessary for me i think.
Well, i'm still waiting for more recommendation ^^, will decide by the end of this week ^^

HeyImGodly

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
Six Cores IS better for rendering, and editing in general.
and yeah motherboards already support the sound sound cards are usually for audiophiles, and if you do a lot of rendering in after effects id recommend a GTX 460 1gb since it has cuda.
which basically offloads some of the rendering load from the CPU to the GPU (faster render times)

yukitaru

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Here is what I think would be a best deal for me if no one give me any better recommendation. Please check if anything is not compatible to other as I really scare that I will buy stuffs which cannot put together ... And by the way, do I need to buy a thermal compound ? or is it come along with the fan / heat sink ? this is the first time I build my own desktop so just to make sure ...

1-1.png

yukitaru

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
Anyone can answer me about the thermal compound stuff ? I need to make sure I have everything I need to build a desktop by myself. Please tell me if I'm still lack of something.

By the way, please suggest me some more cases which is around $50 - $60, good and have 2 or more fans as my friend also want to buy the same thing as me but he doesnt want to have a same case.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.