New Build: 1000-1500 Graphical rendering computer.

Hi All,

As the title says I need a new computer for graphical rendering (more detailed explanation below)
The thing is that I dont exactly know what to look for, do I need a SSD so I can store the cache on it instead of in RAM or do I need a Graphics card with loads of RAM or should I look for HDD's with loads of cache or loads of RPM's?

Anyways below is what I got sofar, anny suggestions would be massivly appreciated

The prices below are the prices of the parts in Holland so they might differ a bit from newegg’s but usually it shouldn’t differ too much.

Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorrow or the day after.

Budget Range:As cheap as possible without losing too much performance.

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Main purpose is the usage of creative suite from Adobe but multiple applications at the same time.
These include: Bridge, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
Allot of rendering of high quality PDF’s (300DPI) with allot of page filling (A4) Photographs
And usually this includes the use of a panoramic stitcher.
NO movies
NO games
The computer will also function as a server for an administrative program so other computers will connect to it and retrieve costumer data from the database which is hosted on this computer.

Parts Not Required:

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (But since it’s dutch I used the neweggs equivalent)

Country of Origin:
The Netherlands (Holland)

Parts Preferences:
CPU 207 euro
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

Motherboard 169 euro
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Graphics card 236 euro
Palit NE5TX470F09DA GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

PSU 95 euro
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 600W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
(Only I’m going for the 700W version but I couldn’t find it on Newegg)

RAM 2x 102 euro = 204 euro
2x CORSAIR XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1600C9

Case 138 euro
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

HDD (SSD) 281 euro
OCZ RevoDrive OCZSSDPX-1RVD0120 PCI-E x4 120GB PCI Express MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Dvd/CD drive 17 euro

HDD (Platters) 2x 81 euro = 162 euro
2x Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Total price: 1558

SLI or Crossfire:

Monitor Resolution:

Additional Comments:
As silent as possible (hence the case)
I need the performance to be able to compute the above mentioned actions however the price is a bit steep, if I could cut down on parts here and there that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
5 answers Last reply
More about build 1000 1500 graphical rendering computer
  1. you probly don't need the Crosshair IV formula if you are using a single 470. I'd suggest getting the 570 instead of the 470, and you only need an 870 motherboard.
  2. if youre not gaming just get the 460 and invest in a SSD and try and find lower latency ram if you can.
  3. Hi Screwysqrl and HeyImGodly, thanks for your replies.

Getting the 570 instead of the 470 will significantly increase the total price of the computer while I actually would like to lower the price.

For the motherboard i'll follow your advise and change to
    ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    88 euro's in Holland (
    it be better to get a w
    I'v checked out the 460 graphics card but it doesnt go above 1Gig RAM and they all have a 256bit bus, wouldnt a wider bus be better plus more ram for the cache while rendering?

Besides the Motherboard is there a way that I can cut down on costs?

And again, thank you for your replies.
  4. yes, a 460 will do most things nicely. I was suggesting the 570 over the 470, becaus ethe decrease in price to go to the 770 motherboard is much more than teh increase from 470 to 570. a 460 is also a way to go and will be fine at rendering.
  5. actually Cuda in most Adobe products at the moment is NOT 100% at its full potential meaning a 1gb card would be fine, and rendering is mainly CPU and RAM intensive, so a hexacore processor should help with that and you have 8gb of ram which should also help. so the GPU wouldnt really have a lot to do when it comes to helping you render.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Rendering Computer Systems