Couple of questions. 2600k ocing and gpu questions

illuminat

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Alrighty then, back again. So i read almost every overclocking thread out there, but because i am so noobish even after i read the glossary of terms and what not i still dont understand what half the functions are or what i need to actually change to overclock it. I Understand there are no particular settings that work for all chips and that some overclock higher or lower than others but im still so lost on what to do to actually get started overclocking my i7-2600k that i had to post and ask.

What in the name of hell am i supposed to change?

EDIT: Also was just browsing through threads and saw that a lot of people said that the 6950 unlocked to the 6970 was a much better option than the gtx 570. i was wondering since the giga or asus 6950's are like 250 or so i could probably get 2 of them and and xfire them together. so i was wondering is it better to return my gtx 570 and do get the 6950's (not sure if i can afford them at the same time. but much faster than i could afford another 570) or just wait out for a bit more and get another 570? I have much higher than needed fps on most games, so its not a worry of not having enough power its more of me just wanting to get the best out of my money in sense. My monitor is pretty bad right now so anycard will run anything on here but im planning to upgrade very soon.

illuminat

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
well theres gonna be no restocking fee im going to microcenter, but i was just wondering because the 6950 is only 250 or so and ill have an extra 100 on me then i can add another 100 and get 2 and like xfire it.