Suggest configuration for gaming p.c.

gamer01

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
want to build a gaming pc under abudgat of around 25000rs. please suggest a descent config.
also 1)when i searched here in shops they recommended amd phenom processor over intel i3 as according to them amd is more graphics oriented then intel . is it true?
2)my friend has i5 processor and has graphics subscore of 5 in win7 nd most games runs descent in it. does this means that we need not have dedicated graphics card if we have powerful processor and mb?

Am assuming rupees and it equates to like USD $550? That a really tight budget for a gaming rig so if on Egg/USA

Full blown Deneb X4 + GTX 460 $493AR
Untitled-2151.jpg

Factoring lack of combos, pricing i see you settling for Rana X3 + HD 5770?

you will want a dedicated GPU if you plan to run modern hardware accelerated 3D Games (Like first person shooters and MMOs)

AMDs aren't 'more graphics oriented' but they are an excellent 'bang-for-buck' proposition: You can get a less expensive AMD processor and thereby get a stronger GPU.

since you aren't ordering from Newegg, but have a ~$550 base price (from Batchuka's estimate and a quick googling)

Go with an AMD build:
A GTX 460 or HD6850 graphics card
an AMD 770 motherboard from a reliable company (NOT Biostar, Jetway, ECS, or Foxxconn)
4 GB of DDR3-1333 RAM. you don't need more.
An Athlon II X3 445 or 450 processor (optionally X4 640, or a Phenom II X4 955 if you can swing the extra pricing)
500-550W Power Supply, at least 80+, from OCZ, Antec, Sea Sonic, Corsair, XFX.
a 320 GB, 500 GB, or 1 tb hard drive from Samsung, Seagate, or Western Digital
an inexpensive case you like with at least 2 120MM fans, but preferably room for more.
a cheap DVD burner.

That should run $500-550

1) False. Both are suitable for gaming, depending on the model. Look for at least a dual core that is clocked at 3.0 or better, and your gaming is almost entirely dependent on the graphics card. Find a shop that can give you better advice.

2) The i3 may have integrated graphics, but it is unsuitable for most games with action. So is the i5 with integrated graphics. If the game is not demanding, like civ2, then OK.

For gaming, the video card is all important. Spend as much on it as the cpu, and you will have a somewhat balanced system.