NF-M2-NVIEW with AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition

s_iska

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
currently I have I do have a mother board ABIT, NF-M2-NVIEW which is AM2 1800Mhz bus speed.

Do you have any idea about installing this processor AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition which is AM2+ socket on NF-M2-NVIEW AM2 socket mobo

Could you tell me if NF-M2-NVIEW would take the AM2+ 125watt processor?? I was looking in the mobo manual but no luck

I appreciate your help. Thanks in advace.

Solution
I was able to find your motherboard on abit's website. But the link doesn't work. No phenom cpus are listed under the "cpu support" section for your board. I would not buy a new cpu for such an old board. Abit hasn't manufactured any motherboards for about 7 years. I would sell your old cpu/board/ram and start over. You may have to reinstall windows or buy a new coa.
I was able to find your motherboard on abit's website. But the link doesn't work. No phenom cpus are listed under the "cpu support" section for your board. I would not buy a new cpu for such an old board. Abit hasn't manufactured any motherboards for about 7 years. I would sell your old cpu/board/ram and start over. You may have to reinstall windows or buy a new coa.

Solution

s_iska

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

Thank you for the reply and I agree with you. one quick question.. What do you mean "Buy a new COA?"

COA = certificate of authenticity, which is a long microsoft number you need to do a fresh windows installation for the new motherboard. Some windows installations are only good for the original motherboard. And some new windows oem cd's are also good for only one installation. You'll just have to contact microsoft and see if they will give you a new coa for your new combo.