Should I get the AMD Athlon II X2P340 or Intel 2.13GHz Pentium P6200 processor i

Nik2

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Should I get the AMD Athlon II X2P340 or Intel 2.13GHz Pentium P6200 (3MB L3 Cache) processor in my laptop? My primary use is gaming. I realize that they're both mediocre but which one is more powerful and faster of the two?

Desperate for an answer.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Solution
The Athlon would play games better than the pentium, but the petium will be faster at loading applications, and web pages because it is a mainly a Home use, and workstation processor. The Athlon was designed by AMD to be more for the budget minor ethusiast(budget gamers, and people wanting powerful PC's) So go with the athlon if I were you.

Nik2

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
I already have everything else taken care of I just need to know regarding the processor. I tried the links is "Pos" the overall score? Sorry, I don't know too much about processors. Thanks for the prompt response!

processor-pro

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
The Athlon would play games better than the pentium, but the petium will be faster at loading applications, and web pages because it is a mainly a Home use, and workstation processor. The Athlon was designed by AMD to be more for the budget minor ethusiast(budget gamers, and people wanting powerful PC's) So go with the athlon if I were you.

Solution

TheTech214

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
First you need to find out what kind of brand of cpu's are supported in your laptop. Then you need to find out what socket they are. You also need to make sure you have enough power to power it. You can not just slap a processor in a mother board and be done, it just doesn't work like that.

TRENDING THREADS