Thinkpad 380D just beeps at boot-help

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
February 14, 2005 5:54:44 AM

My Thinkpad 380D doesn't boot anymore. The Thinkpad screen comes up and does
memcheck but then it beeps 3 times and nothing else happens. Anyone have
this problem before?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 14, 2005 6:58:43 AM

Spark wrote:
> My Thinkpad 380D doesn't boot anymore. The Thinkpad screen comes up
> and does memcheck but then it beeps 3 times and nothing else happens.
> Anyone have this problem before?

Are you sure it's three beeps of the same type?

How about one long beep and two short?

Regards,

James
February 14, 2005 2:08:00 PM

I listened again, and it it sounds more like one beep then two short beeps
then three short beeps.

"JHEM" <James@ESAD.SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote in message
> Spark wrote:
>> My Thinkpad 380D doesn't boot anymore. The Thinkpad screen comes up
>> and does memcheck but then it beeps 3 times and nothing else happens.
>> Anyone have this problem before?
>
> Are you sure it's three beeps of the same type?
>
> How about one long beep and two short?
>
> Regards,
>
> James

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 15, 2005 4:50:27 PM

Try here for info http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/ibmbeep.htm ,
but may be serious :(  one long and two short indicates "System board
failure; Video adapter problem; LCD assembly failure"

Steve

!