defsam

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hello,
i have been looking at this and was gonna purchase it but then i read below that they can't guarantee compatibility? here is the combo tell me if all i need to do is build it. thanks for your time. :)
here is the Link: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.569871
here is the pic:
6core.jpg

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Before 12/31 or so
BUDGET RANGE: 700 to 800 CAD$ includes shipping before rebates
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (Vindictus on high stable setting Steam games l4d2 etc.) Vid. editting (Adobe AE) photoshop/gimp Internet
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.ca Tigerdirect.ca or so
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: CANADA
PARTS PREFERENCES:Gaming, might preffer hd5770 but will like nvidia 460 too
OVERCLOCKING: YES I'll try my first
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1080p with a Benq 21" monitor E2220Hd
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: If all are well, this will be my first build. im looking forward to making more builds after this Hopefully you guys can help me! Thanks :hello:

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
Here is what I would recommend and it is all from newegg.ca so price is CAD. It is 836 CAD including shipping (I just picked a postal code in quebec for reference) but has a $10 USD and $15 CAD rebate. And you get to keep your 6 core processor with an aftermarket cooler that will help you with overclocking.

comp1.jpg

comn2.jpg

Whoops, forget optical drive. Total is 847 CAD before rebates. You could always save money by dropping to a EVGA GTX 460 1gb (~25 CAD) and with rebates that puts you 3 under 800 CAD)
Also was curious, do you need an Operating System? If you do, then I would recommend something closer to Batuchka's build and use savings to grab windows 7 home 64 bit

defsam

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
yes i need an operating system but im summing it up cause my mom is giving me and my brother 300 dollar budget for her christmas gift for us 2 lol. thanks for the advice too!