Sign in with
Your question

Rearranging psu cables slows down pc

Last response: in Components
March 13, 2011 8:59:38 AM

Hi,

I am having a typical problem with my system : an i7 920, intel dx58so, 3 gb ddr3, 320 gb + 1 tb hdds, zebronics realwatts 600 pro psu, xfx 9800gtx + video card. The problem is whenever i try to rearrange my psu cables to make my cabinet's internals a little neatier, my pc slows down and it is evident from the very first bios display to the xp/vista/win7 programs and games i run. If i undo the rearrangement, my pc gets back its normal speed. I don't understand why or what is causing this ? Does rearranging the power/sata cables causes some electro magnetic interference that could slow down a pc ? Please help me..i was thinking of upgrading my hdd but now i am thinking twice..cause then i will have to rearrange my cables again & my pc will slow down ?
March 13, 2011 2:43:43 PM

If I were you I would get a new power supply....A good name brand power supply like antec or seasonic,xfx.........your power supply shouldnt do that from just rearranging the cables...
a b ) Power supply
March 13, 2011 8:50:54 PM

The last three post I've read were about faulty zebronics realwatts 600 watt supplies. The last guy had one the failed and fried his motherboard...

I found looking at the spec on that one it Only had 27A on the 12volt rail.... (that's not a true 600 watt supply for sure...)

In looking at a large number of other 600watt supplies they have between 35A & 50A on the 12 volt rails....

Get a new quality power supply; Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, .....
Related resources
March 14, 2011 3:48:18 AM

Can the video card be the problem too ? Is it possible that some static electricity has been accumulated in the video card and if i reseat it, that static would get discharged ? Same for the memory if i ask ? Is there a way to find out whether or not the pc components have accumulated static electricity ?
a c 1098 ) Power supply
March 14, 2011 4:54:06 AM

Zebronics is a company based in India.

The Zebronics Pro Series Pro-600 REALWATTS is OEM'd by HEC a.k.a. Heroichi a.k.a. Compucase.

It's exactly the same as the HEC TN-WX Series model HEC-600TN-2WX.

Couldn't find any test reviews on that product.
!