pa2

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Mobo- ASUS P5QPL-AM
CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz E7500
GPU- Nvidia Geforce 9600gt
PSU- Zebronics 600W platinum
2Gb DDR2 RAM(2X1 gb)@667Mhz......seagate 500gb 7200.13 HDD

Plz guys help me out....i bought a mobo from the local dealer about 3 months ago...it ws running quite nicely until a week ago..my psu gave out a spark...and the MCB tripped....now i have got the PSU replaced...but whenever i try to switch on my PC with the new PSU all fans start up and the HDD and Power lights glow for a second and it gets turned off..... and it wont start again until i remove the mains(this happens with the C2D)...i had tried using a different CPU(celeron 2.8ghz) which runs fine on another system but if i insert the "celeron" in my mobo it does not boot and doesnt show POST only the CPU/GPU,PSU fans are running...i have tried running the mobo with only 1 DIMM and CPU but no effect......Ive done the paperclip test for the PSU and it ran...it is also hauling..the other system(biostar 945gc, celeron 2.8ghz, 1gb transcend DDR2 @667mhz, 500gb HDD,9600gt) so my cant be wrong....wat i doubt is the processor(bought 3 months ago) or the mobo....PLZ help

Thanks

Uther39

Distinguished
Im afraid it looks to me that you have been the victim, of a crappy PSU, i would say it has died and when most PSus die they create a power surge which in turn fries all your components, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

some psu's arnt entirley built to spec, i boughta cheap 1 a few years back for my old athlon build. pluged it in , turned it on and the pc lit up then went off straight away less than a second... then nothing. took it back the guy tested it and said there was no problem.
he kindly replaced it with another model which i put in, hit the power and the pc came on.
it was something to do with the phase of the power.
try another psu (preferably 1 you dont have to buy)
also try turning off the brick at the wall after you power on the pc and it switches off. now turn off the psu at the pc turn it on at the wall and hit the power on the pc without turning on the psu.
this will get ridd o any residual current. now turn on the psu and hope for the best...

as said above you may have damage to the motherboard as well especially if the psu that blew was cheap as it wouldn't have the circuit protection better brands have.

pa2

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

i have plugged my GPU in another mobo as i said and it works fine.....but i cant check the CPU(E7500)....As i had said the Pc turns on only for a second with the core 2 duo E7500 and if i replace the C2D with a Celeron 2.8ghz it stays on but no POST(however the CPU works fine on other boards)

pa2

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

RAM sticks are also fine as i had checked them in other mobos.............is my mobo dead????

pa2

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

i dont get it...what do u mean by "brick at the wall"....so is my CPU alri8??