pa2

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Mobo- ASUS P5QPL-AM
CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz E7500
GPU- Nvidia Geforce 9600gt
PSU- Zebronics 600W platinum
2Gb DDR2 RAM(2X1 gb)@667Mhz......seagate 500gb 7200.13 HDD

Plz guys help me out....i bought a mobo from the local dealer about 3 months ago...it ws running quite nicely until a week ago..my psu gave out a spark...and the MCB tripped....now i have got the PSU replaced...but whenever i try to switch on my PC with the new PSU all fans start up and the HDD and Power lights glow for a second and it gets turned off..... and it wont start again until i remove the mains(this happens with the C2D)...i had tried using a different CPU(celeron 2.8ghz) which runs fine on another system but if i insert the "celeron" in my mobo it does not boot and doesnt show POST only the CPU/GPU,PSU fans are running...i have tried running the mobo with only 1 DIMM and CPU but no effect......Ive done the paperclip test for the PSU and it ran...it is also hauling..the other system(biostar 945gc, celeron 2.8ghz, 1gb transcend DDR2 @667mhz, 500gb HDD,9600gt) so my cant be wrong....wat i doubt is the processor(bought 3 months ago) or the mobo....PLZ help

Thanks

jb6684

Distinguished
If your ASUS motherboard is only 3 months old, get an RMA and return it for repair under warranty. They have a 3 year factory warranty.

I looked up your Zebronics 600W platinum power supply. It has ONLY 27A on the 12volt rail

http://www.zebronics.net/m600w_platinum_powersupply.asp

I looked at a large number of other 600Watt power supplies the 12 volt rails put out between 35A and 50A total....

I would return the power supply for a better quality model to avoid any future problems

pa2

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

ya going to return the board soon.....and i just wanna know if my CPU is dead or not...rest of the components are all fine and working...checkd them in other PC

jb6684

Distinguished
You might be able to test the E7500 in the Biostar MB, not sure if that MB supports.... BUT, that's kind of a pain...

If your other components are all still good its Very likely CPU is still alive too.... when a power supply goes rogue the MB usually has its power regulation circuitry blown. This MB circuitry will tend to buffer/isolate down stream components like CPU, RAM, Video....

pa2

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

ya i hd plugged in the 4pin ATX from PSU along with the 24pin ATX.....and cheers my CPU is alive yippeee..

TRENDING THREADS