It isn't necessarily the wireless adapter (dwa 110 is not a router, by the way). But it could be a poor wireless connection. Could be a bad day at Apple's site. Or a bad day on the internet.
As you can do something about the wireless connection -- try this:
Try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.