Status
Not open for further replies.

hollywoodcurls

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Hey guys I'm having some difficulty with a friend's rig and getting his XFX radeon 5770 to post.
His system specs are :

Motherboard: Asus M4N98tD EVO
PSU: Apevia 1100 watt Warlock
Processor: Phenom 2 x6 1055T
GPU: Radeon HD 5770

He's getting beep codes for no VGA when he tries to boot the 5770, but I've tried this card in my rig and it works perfectly fine. Also I've tried my 9800GTX in his rig and it works perfectly fine. Its probably noteworthy that when the 5770 is in his rig, the GPU's cooling fan is running at ridiculously full speed. We're already on motherboard number two for this rig, then only thing I can even think of at this point is some strange and ridiculous problem with the PSU.

Solution
Getting beep codes you said?... Ummm,.. there's a big possibility that upon setting
up the rig or installing the parts there's just some motherboards that when you
turn the assembled system on, it will give you a beep code, and that beep code
says something depending on the tone and the longevity of the tone and its
intervals.

Try these for a quick fix, it might work.
- Take all the the RAM off from its socket and firmly put it back in and make sure
you push the RAMs down with just enough pressure until you hear the clip locks on
each side of the socket.
Then, take the video card off of its socket and firmly put it back in and also make
sure the PCI-e clip locks firmly on the side of the video card and, upon putting the
card...
Why did you change over from the first mobo on his rig?
The cards work fine in your rig so that's not the problem.
Two reasons for it can be a PSU issue and a shorting of one of the components on the Mobo when you insert the card.....
Check every thing, the RAM inclusive, remove and reseat it all and then try a fresh boot......

hollywoodcurls

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
We switched from the last motherboard because it would freeze at the splash screen, at the time I assumed it was a problem with the motherboard, but the only common denominator here seems to be the PSU. As for the fresh seat, I've done it twice now

Rock_n_Rolla

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Getting beep codes you said?... Ummm,.. there's a big possibility that upon setting
up the rig or installing the parts there's just some motherboards that when you
turn the assembled system on, it will give you a beep code, and that beep code
says something depending on the tone and the longevity of the tone and its
intervals.

Try these for a quick fix, it might work.
- Take all the the RAM off from its socket and firmly put it back in and make sure
you push the RAMs down with just enough pressure until you hear the clip locks on
each side of the socket.
Then, take the video card off of its socket and firmly put it back in and also make
sure the PCI-e clip locks firmly on the side of the video card and, upon putting the
card back in, make sure to apply just enough pressure this ensure the
motherboard wont bend too much because there are just some inevitable
instances that when a motherboard was bended while installing other pc parts and
then turning the system on after setting up, it will go crazy on you and giving you
some weird beeps that you just have to find over the internet what those beeps
are.

- Reset the motherboard's jumper settings and turn the rig on again, if you still
encounter the same beep codes try doing what i said above again, and if you still
hear the beep codes chances are there is something wrong with your
motherboard, video card or Ram. i suggest take to the shop where your friend
bought it and have it checked there for factory defects, for sure they have the
capability and hardware resources to test it there.

-- Most cases i've come across when setting up gaming rigs, i just take the RAM
and the video card off the put it back in again firmly and with just enough pressure
then i'll just reset the mobo's jumper settings then restart and the beep goes
away and the system restarts normally.

Hope this helps :)

-- Oh, by he way just incase you're curious about beep codes, just google 'motherboard beep codes',
the search results will take to some pc hardware trouble shooting site and will explain you what those
beep codes means.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.