Need a desk big enough

So I don't know where my question belongs so I thought maybe this would be the closest place to put it.

I'm looking for a desk long enough to put 3 27" monitors on it, I have two currently and im wanting a third to run eyefinity.
I couldn't find a stand that will hold the weight of three monitors so i'm looking for a desk thats long enough.
Any solutions?
8 answers Last reply
More about need desk enough
  1. darthlaidher said:
    So I don't know where my question belongs so I thought maybe this would be the closest place to put it.

I'm looking for a desk long enough to put 3 27" monitors on it, I have two currently and im wanting a third to run eyefinity.
    I couldn't find a stand that will hold the weight of three monitors so i'm looking for a desk thats long enough.
    Any solutions?

Just buy an L-shaped desk (which is usually 2 desks).
  2. Yeah I was thinking that or a school activity desk.Those should be long enough.
  3. or go to home depot and build your own desk, i've seen people do that.

doesn't office depot or something similar have something?
  4. I think i'm gonna get this. nice and big and i don't need anything fancy.My DIY skills suck if i built a desk it would fall to pieces lol.
    http://www.schoolfurniture2go.com/product/IBA152/72-in-x-48-in-Blow-Molded-Kidney-Shaped-Activity-Table-by-Correll.aspx
  5. i've got a 27" monitor and it's pretty big. actually, i have 5 monitors and 2 laptops on my desk ... desks.

with that desk, you may have to almost create a box, one monitor on the left, one in front of you and one to the right. that may be hard to work with. also, the legs on the desk - are they sturdy?
  6. general r2 said:
    i've got a 27" monitor and it's pretty big. actually, i have 5 monitors and 2 laptops on my desk ... desks.

with that desk, you may have to almost create a box, one monitor on the left, one in front of you and one to the right. that may be hard to work with. also, the legs on the desk - are they sturdy?

I dont think i'll make a box with the monitors i think i'll slightly angle them to go around the curve so it wont break up the image that bad.Its a school table some im sure it will hold up pretty good.
  7. yeah, i know you'll try to put them on an angle, but i said "box" because if the width of the table isn't long enough, that's what's going to happen. good luck though.
  8. general r2 said:
    yeah, i know you'll try to put them on an angle, but i said "box" because if the width of the table isn't long enough, that's what's going to happen. good luck though.

my current desk is 60" and can hold 2 27" and that desk is 72" so that should be enough room to hold 3.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Monitors Systems