Sign in with
Your question

Need a desk big enough

Last response: in Systems
December 17, 2010 7:28:20 PM

So I don't know where my question belongs so I thought maybe this would be the closest place to put it.

I'm looking for a desk long enough to put 3 27" monitors on it, I have two currently and im wanting a third to run eyefinity.
I couldn't find a stand that will hold the weight of three monitors so i'm looking for a desk thats long enough.
Any solutions?

More about : desk big

December 17, 2010 8:21:22 PM

darthlaidher said:
So I don't know where my question belongs so I thought maybe this would be the closest place to put it.

I'm looking for a desk long enough to put 3 27" monitors on it, I have two currently and im wanting a third to run eyefinity.
I couldn't find a stand that will hold the weight of three monitors so i'm looking for a desk thats long enough.
Any solutions?

Just buy an L-shaped desk (which is usually 2 desks).
m
l
December 17, 2010 8:23:23 PM

Yeah I was thinking that or a school activity desk.Those should be long enough.
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2010 4:03:23 AM

or go to home depot and build your own desk, i've seen people do that.

doesn't office depot or something similar have something?
m
l
December 18, 2010 4:45:55 AM

i've got a 27" monitor and it's pretty big. actually, i have 5 monitors and 2 laptops on my desk ... desks.

with that desk, you may have to almost create a box, one monitor on the left, one in front of you and one to the right. that may be hard to work with. also, the legs on the desk - are they sturdy?
m
l
December 18, 2010 4:48:16 AM

general r2 said:
i've got a 27" monitor and it's pretty big. actually, i have 5 monitors and 2 laptops on my desk ... desks.

with that desk, you may have to almost create a box, one monitor on the left, one in front of you and one to the right. that may be hard to work with. also, the legs on the desk - are they sturdy?

I dont think i'll make a box with the monitors i think i'll slightly angle them to go around the curve so it wont break up the image that bad.Its a school table some im sure it will hold up pretty good.
m
l
December 18, 2010 4:55:54 AM

yeah, i know you'll try to put them on an angle, but i said "box" because if the width of the table isn't long enough, that's what's going to happen. good luck though.
m
l
December 18, 2010 4:57:28 AM

general r2 said:
yeah, i know you'll try to put them on an angle, but i said "box" because if the width of the table isn't long enough, that's what's going to happen. good luck though.

my current desk is 60" and can hold 2 27" and that desk is 72" so that should be enough room to hold 3.
m
l
!