Liquid cooling system

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebigaj

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hi, was wondering what liquid cooling system digital storm uses on there rigs, and if it is offered aftermarket?

Solution
this is from November 2010 article in Maximum PC:
"The Sub-Zero is made up of a series of TEC peltier coolers working in tandem with other liquid cooling components. Freezing liquid is delivered to the CPU, making ultra chilly temperatures (and high overclocks) possible.

As always, you have to pay to play, and a base configuration for rigs utilizing the new cooling solution start at $3,900."

sounds like they developed it themselves...and it sounds very expensive. article:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/digital_storm_unveils_sub-zero_liquid_cooling_system

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
this is from November 2010 article in Maximum PC:
"The Sub-Zero is made up of a series of TEC peltier coolers working in tandem with other liquid cooling components. Freezing liquid is delivered to the CPU, making ultra chilly temperatures (and high overclocks) possible.

As always, you have to pay to play, and a base configuration for rigs utilizing the new cooling solution start at $3,900."

sounds like they developed it themselves...and it sounds very expensive. article:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/digital_storm_unveils_sub-zero_liquid_cooling_system

Solution

onebigaj

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Price is same as some computer rigs out there, incredible, i get the ideal of why its to cool the gpu's and cpu, how critical is it to cool the chip set on the mobo? I've read pro's and con's about this, just wondering if anyone else has an opinion on this. thanks.........

onebigaj

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Im also interested in getting a 30" monitor for gaming.... have read some forums and samsung got slammed as far as customer service, any other suggestions? thanks

onebigaj

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
This is the config: i came up with from Digital Storm.... would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations concerning this build...thanks. Specifications: Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS HailStorm Edition Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory FinishTrim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 980X 3.33GHz (Six-Core) (Extreme Performance) Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Requires EATX Chassis) (Model: 141-BL-E760-A1) System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested) Power Supply: 1500W Silverstone (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Recommended) Expansion Bay: - No Thanks Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 2x (80GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: X25-M MLC Edition) (Extreme Performance) Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks Internet Access: Killer 2100 (Maximum Optimized for Online Gaming) Lag and Latency Reduction Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB (Includes PhysX Technology) Add-on Card: - No Thanks Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion (Includes Front I/O) (PCI-Express Slot Based) Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 6: Sub-Zero LCS Dual Loop: CPU & Dual SLI/CrossFire Video Cards H20 Tube Color:Blue Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive) Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Blue) (Up to 6 Fans) Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes) Enhancements: - No Thanks Chassis Mods: - No Thanks Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material) Boost Processor: FREE: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Cooling Upgrade Recommended) Boost Video Card: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memoryBoost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD) Virus Protection: - No Thanks Office: - No Thanks Benchmarking: - No Thanks Install/Test Game: FREE: Hot-selling game with a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 or above graphics card Display: Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black-large PROMO: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 4 Year Limited Warranty ************************************

Status
Not open for further replies.