Cost effective MB for i5-2500k

G

Hi guys.

I currently have a G31M-ES2L, E8400 @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR2 ram and ATI HD 6850. I recently bought BF3 which is really bringing my (weak) rig to its knees.

I have decided it's time to move on, so I'm considering buying an i5-2500k and get a PROPER motherboard this time. My current MB can't overclock at all since it has this crazy idea that it needs to increase the PCIE frequency and I don't feel like ruining my GPU.

What MB would be the most cost effective (and cheap pl0x) for the i5-2500k? The budget is about $100-120. I live in Denmark so keep in mind that everything costs at least $20 more than in other countries :( Just ignore the budget for now - it's really hard to tell what it's gonna cost in DK.

Thanks.

EDIT: I have an Antec 450w PSU, which I believe is still very good (hasn't degraded much). I'm also gonna buy some DDR3 ram.

EDIT 2: I have been searching etc but I haven't really been able to find a definitive answer.

These 2 boards will work fine (links from newegg aren't working). Asrock H61M-U3S3 micro-atx board for $74.99 shipped, or the biostar TG68A-LGA 1155 atx board for $109.99 shipped. The asrock is ok, but stick to the ram qvl listing on their webpage. I listed the biostar z68 as I've never had a ram issue with any biostar motherboard, and I use two of them right now. They seem to work with all brands of ram. I use gskill and patriot with them.

G

Any noticeable difference between H, P and Z boards? Also, Biostar isn't available in my country it seems.

G

Well, I don't care much for onboard video unless it's better than my HD 6850. I'm getting the k-series so I can overclock it once it starts to choke.

The H61 is definitely not for me then. I'm guessing P67 would be better option if it's cheaper than Z68.

Would be great with some more suggestions though.

I can get ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PERFORMANCE for cheap (a little over $100).

TRENDING THREADS