Need HELP with Asus Maximus IV Extreme Ram Problem.

coskuneren

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Hi guys, i need some serious help. I will explain my problem in gr8 detail.

Ok, i just got my new PC with 2600K as CPU, 590GTX as GPU and Asus Maximux IV Extreme MB. I have 4 ram sticks of 4GB each. Ok now i have a problem with the ram.

My ram sticks came from 2 diffrent places but they are the same model. 4 of them are G-Skill Ripjaws model.
2 of the sticks are; F3 - 1700 CL9D-8GBXLD (DDR3 2133 CL9-11-9-28 1.65V PC3-1700 4GBX2)
The other 2 are; F3 - 1700 CL9D-8GBXLD (DDR3 2133 CL9-11-9-28 1.65V XLD-1700 4GBX2)

Ok now, i have win7 64 bit. When i plug the rams into 2-3-4 sockets they all work fine at 12GB mem but at 1.3 speed.
When i plug just 2 rams in sockets 2-3 3-4 2-4 they work fine and i can OC for 2.133 speed.

When i plug 2 rams into slots 1-4 1-3 1-2 system boots but it shows only 4gigs of ram, meaning just the ram at the other slot.

When i plug 3 rams with diffrent slot combinations of 1-2-3 1-2-4 1-3-4 system again doesnt boot.

When i plug 4 of them together, system wont boot and i get an E2 error on led meaning Memory Initialization problem.
When i just plug a single ram into the 4th slot, i get error 53 on led which also means memory initialization problem , invalid memory type or speed.

I am thinking slot 4 is broken or something? It is a brand new MB out of the box. It works quite nicely apart from this. PPL have been saying check if the rams are seated so i am guessing maybe something is bent in the 4th slot inside or maybe there a little piece blocking the ram from totally seating inside.

Any ideas guys, i really dont want to send the MB to the place i bought the PC, it will take a week for it to come back and i have a CPU Cooler Block which we all know is a PAIN IN THE ASS to be inserted again.

I am using the PC with 8 gigs of ram at slots 2-4 atm. Awaiting your answer, plz help me tonight i want to sleep peacefully.

It does appear that there is a problem with slot 1 on the motherboard , and I know you don't want to hear that but what can you do , it's far better to fix it now and get it over with so you can enjoy your new computer. The reason I say slot one is according to your post;
When i plug 2 rams into slots 1-4 1-3 1-2 system boots but it shows only 4gigs of ram, meaning just the ram at the other slot.

When i plug 3 rams with diffrent slot combinations of 1-2-3 1-2-4 1-3-4 system again doesnt boot.

When i plug 4 of them together, system wont boot and i get an E2 error on led meaning Memory Initialization problem.

In all these instances you are plugging a stick of ram in slot number one and encountering a problem.

Ok now, i have win7 64 bit. When i plug the rams into 2-3-4 sockets they all work fine at 12GB mem but at 1.3 speed.

When i plug just 2 rams in sockets 2-3 3-4 2-4 they work fine and i can OC for 2.133 speed.

In these cases there is no ram in the slot number one and it works. The reason it's not working when you put one stick in just the slot number four is because a single stick needs to be in slot one. At this point it doesn't matter as you are having a ram slot problem anyway.

coskuneren

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Ok then mate, ty. It is the worst of my suspicions. I'll bring the moba to them tomorrow :(. As a last attemp i'll clear cmos and try some bios settings before tomorrow.