ntcosa

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
I just recently installed a Corsair H50 CPU cooler, my CPU is running @ 18-20º Celsius with no load, just sitting on Desktop with maybe Google Chrome open. Is that a good temp for idling?

I have never used Hydro cooling like this, and am used to seeing temps a lot higher. I just want to confirm that everything is installed correctly, and the system is cooling to a good temp. I haven't figured out a way to display CPU temp in game such as WoW, Black Ops, or Crysis 2 - anyone know of a good program to use that will give an on screen display or something to view this while gaming?

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
That is awesome but it says much about the H50 because I know that I don't have a faulty sensor and my retail-AMD cooler gives me the same temperatures.

Many people around here don't rate the Corsair H-series highly.

ntcosa

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I should have stated originally.

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T

Here is my other spec's in case needed

Corsair Graphite Series 600T case
ASUS M4A88TD-V Evo/USB3
8GB Corsair XMS3 (4x2GB)
Corsair H50 Hydro CPU cooler
ASUS Xonar Xense Soundcard
Corsair HX Series CMPSU-750HX

189055_10150115857903503_712053502_6261019_8130610_n.jpg

ntcosa

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Just built it this last week, I haven't decided on a GPU yet. I had my old HD4670 in it from my last system (hence the open PCIe port on the back), but I sold my last system Saturday so I put the 4670 back in it.

I have a forum post about it here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/311688-33-stuck-hd6950 because I am not a huge GPU follower and need opinions.. I usually buy one and stick with it, never wanted to research and get my money's worth until now.

As long as your room is not over 18-20c then those temps can be accurate.

This said, the cpu clocks down to save power at idle. load temps are going to be the important ones.

i recommend hardware monitor as you can run it in the background and it will log the max temperature while you are doing other things such as playing games.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Ohh and very nice system you have there.

One question, does the asus sound card have actual treble and bass controls(like the old sound blasters) or just equalizers?

Omnisome, I built a system for my brother with an X6 and onboard video, since he does not game or use it for dvd's just needs raw power for the price.

ntcosa

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011

Thanks for the info, the room is pretty gold, about 65-70 degrees. which is right about the 18-20c mark

Here is the headphone UI for settings in the Xonar Xense, and I must say, coming with the Sennheiser PC350 Headset, the sound is outstanding.. best I have ever heard. I haven't used the digital or optical output yet, so I don't know if the UI changes in that, but as far as you can see, its all EQ with the exception of Flex Bass control which will boost certain frequencies. You can customize your own EQ settings and save them as well.

5d8dgy.jpg

TRENDING THREADS