Mobo Debate...

lunaticwoda

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Okay I keep going back and forth on this and its pissing me off. Im down to two motherboards im greatly considering and would like some fellow geeks perspective on the situation.

Just bought a CM Storm Trooper case which supports extended and XL ATX mobos so i was thinking sure may as well go with one of those... And my case has esata/usb3/usb2/headphone/mic jax on the front IO so wanted a board with native 3.0

Anyways heres the fight what would you buy for a high end build knowing you will be in the future taking a i7 2600k to 5ghz?

Asus P67 Sabertooth rev 3.0

or

Gigabyte GA-P67x-UD7-B3

Main concern for me being...

1. the Gigabyte has a 24 power phase changers vs Asus's... I have no idea the Gigabyte has the extended ATX size...the Asus does not... the Asus has fewer sata 6 and USB 3 support.... But I dont plan 3 way sli or crossfire so the bigger board I guess really isnt an issue... I lose features and quality by going asus BUT save 100 bucks...

lunaticwoda

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Also there are other things but the veterans know what they are... If I go Sabertooth i can grab that and my i7 tomorrow if I grab the Gigabyte I have to wait an extra week to make sure I have enough to pay rent :p