Sign in with
Your question

Need to install my driver but no cd =(

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 21, 2010 4:41:34 PM

Hello,
Simple as that, I Frankenstein'd a computer together (put a graphics card in from a different computer) and I don't have the cd from the other graphics card. How can I fix this dilemma?

More about : install driver

October 21, 2010 5:01:30 PM

Where on the graphics card does it tell you what series it is?
m
l
Related resources
a c 1410 U Graphics card
October 21, 2010 5:04:41 PM

Maybe on a sticker somewhere, possibly a code that you can google.
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
October 21, 2010 5:05:39 PM

hallsrwood said:
Where on the graphics card does it tell you what series it is?

Its usually on the front.
Nvidia or ATI and then some numbers if you tell us whats on the front of teh card or better send a picture we can tell you what it is.
You dont actually need drivers with some cards. I had an old card i used to update an even older PC and didnt bother with the drivers as it pluged and played passed testing so i left it

Mactronix :) 
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:09:53 PM

x1600 pro. and i couldn't find it on that website rolli59.... any other websites or advice?
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:11:38 PM

download your graphics card drivers from its manufacturer site. it is that simple
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:14:00 PM

how do you find out who the manufacturer is? I'm sorry, i'm not exactly computer savvy =(
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:17:01 PM

@hallsrwood ATi or nvidia
ati.com for ATi card and nvidia.com for nvidiacard
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:21:25 PM

ok, now do i need to install it first? and if so, how do i install it without a cd?
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:35:25 PM

Idk what any of that means, I read the only search result for that and I feel it didn't help me with my problem.

I put the ati x1600 graphics card in my computer with no cd or anything. My computer seems to not register the new graphics card. I receive error screens when playing games that say my graphics card may not be installed. So, and I may be wrong, I feel as though I can't update my graphics card because it has not been installed yet. If that is the case, I need to know how to install it on my computer without a cd. I hope that helps you guys help me = /
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:44:16 PM

Ok, so lets start off with what OS you are running (Windows XP, Vista, etc...).

Next, you have an ATi x1600 video card. You then need to download the correct driver for that card depending on what OS you are running.
m
l
October 21, 2010 5:46:15 PM

I'm running on Windows XP home
m
l
a c 1410 U Graphics card
October 21, 2010 5:46:51 PM

hallsrwood said:
Idk what any of that means, I read the only search result for that and I feel it didn't help me with my problem.

I put the ati x1600 graphics card in my computer with no cd or anything. My computer seems to not register the new graphics card. I receive error screens when playing games that say my graphics card may not be installed. So, and I may be wrong, I feel as though I can't update my graphics card because it has not been installed yet. If that is the case, I need to know how to install it on my computer without a cd. I hope that helps you guys help me = /

If you are running windows XP that is the driver for you card. All you have to do is download it and install it! http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?ty...
m
l
!