Need to install my driver but no cd =(

hallsrwood

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Hello,
Simple as that, I Frankenstein'd a computer together (put a graphics card in from a different computer) and I don't have the cd from the other graphics card. How can I fix this dilemma?

Its usually on the front.
Nvidia or ATI and then some numbers if you tell us whats on the front of teh card or better send a picture we can tell you what it is.
You dont actually need drivers with some cards. I had an old card i used to update an even older PC and didnt bother with the drivers as it pluged and played passed testing so i left it

Mactronix :)

hallsrwood

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Idk what any of that means, I read the only search result for that and I feel it didn't help me with my problem.

I put the ati x1600 graphics card in my computer with no cd or anything. My computer seems to not register the new graphics card. I receive error screens when playing games that say my graphics card may not be installed. So, and I may be wrong, I feel as though I can't update my graphics card because it has not been installed yet. If that is the case, I need to know how to install it on my computer without a cd. I hope that helps you guys help me = /

96Firebird

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
Ok, so lets start off with what OS you are running (Windows XP, Vista, etc...).

Next, you have an ATi x1600 video card. You then need to download the correct driver for that card depending on what OS you are running.

If you are running windows XP that is the driver for you card. All you have to do is download it and install it! http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.9&contentType=GPU+Download+Detail&ostype=Windows+XP+-+Professional%2fHome&keywords=&items=20