How should I change fan setup?

This is the inside of my case. The arrows show the wind direction. The one in the front might be a little hard to see. http://img828.imageshack.us/i/1217102134.jpg/

Anyways I'm going to get different RAM, and I can't put in the RAM I want since the heat spreaders wouldn't fit under the heatsink fan, so I was wondering if it should be moved to the other side of the heatsink.
7 answers Last reply
More about change setup
  1. I don't think you'll see much of a difference just from changing the HSF fan from push to pull. The best way to find out is to just try it, every case is different.
  2. Might want to look to Cable management too :P
    Moto
  3. jack_attack said:
    I don't think you'll see much of a difference just from changing the HSF fan from push to pull. The best way to find out is to just try it, every case is different.

Like if I put the fan on the other side of the hs and had the air moving moving away from the hs?
  4. Motopsychojdn said:
    Might want to look to Cable management too :P
    Moto

It's not modular, and there's no where to put or stuff my cables
  5. Yes, just flop the fan to the other side of the HSF, so it's pulling air through instead of pushing.

And there's always a place to hide cables :)
  6. My psu isn't modular, my case is a cheap piece of gosa, show me my cables.......

:P
    Old photo, I have a 5770 now but it serves to show what you CAN do with limited resources
    Moto
  7. That's exactly it. In cheap cases, there aren't many "cables go poof" compartments, but it surely can be done. When I got serious about it, I rebuilt my entire machine with cable management in mind every step of the way. It took me a good 3 hours, but it's looks purdy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt RAM Fan Heatsinks Systems