Sign in with
Your question

How should I change fan setup?

Last response: in Systems
December 18, 2010 1:44:44 AM

This is the inside of my case. The arrows show the wind direction. The one in the front might be a little hard to see. http://img828.imageshack.us/i/1217102134.jpg/

Anyways I'm going to get different RAM, and I can't put in the RAM I want since the heat spreaders wouldn't fit under the heatsink fan, so I was wondering if it should be moved to the other side of the heatsink.

More about : change fan setup

a b B Homebuilt system
December 18, 2010 2:18:15 AM

I don't think you'll see much of a difference just from changing the HSF fan from push to pull. The best way to find out is to just try it, every case is different.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 18, 2010 9:13:54 AM

Might want to look to Cable management too :p 
Moto
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2010 1:14:33 PM

jack_attack said:
I don't think you'll see much of a difference just from changing the HSF fan from push to pull. The best way to find out is to just try it, every case is different.

Like if I put the fan on the other side of the hs and had the air moving moving away from the hs?
m
l
December 18, 2010 1:15:38 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Might want to look to Cable management too :p 
Moto

It's not modular, and there's no where to put or stuff my cables
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 18, 2010 2:45:20 PM

Yes, just flop the fan to the other side of the HSF, so it's pulling air through instead of pushing.

And there's always a place to hide cables :) 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 18, 2010 3:43:20 PM

My psu isn't modular, my case is a cheap piece of gosa, show me my cables.......

:p 
Old photo, I have a 5770 now but it serves to show what you CAN do with limited resources
Moto
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 18, 2010 4:10:40 PM

That's exactly it. In cheap cases, there aren't many "cables go poof" compartments, but it surely can be done. When I got serious about it, I rebuilt my entire machine with cable management in mind every step of the way. It took me a good 3 hours, but it's looks purdy.
m
l
!