Nvidia driver 260.89 performance decreased

Status
Not open for further replies.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hey people, well my issue is weird , as usual i do upgrade to latest drivers available, i upgraded to the latest one, but it made my windows experience index go From 7.5 to 7.2 , thats weird!
And i saw a little sound problem and performance decrease in term of fps in gta 4 !

yanje03

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010

remove the new driver and reinstall the old one. if performance is still the same which means ur pc performance dropped.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Well, i already did that-
It came back to 7.5 then i got a problem, nvidia driver has stopped working, so i switched back to the 260.89 again.
Will have to use the old one if this doesn't get resolved-

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
According to me? No I'm pretty sure there are a lot of things not right with this driver.

This happens a lot to Nvidia when they panic-release a new driver. Last time they burnt out some cards so I'd stay well back from this one until the issues are fixed.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

oops, sry , its my stupid internet here!
was editing the post, took some time to refresh, yeah, the driver is crazy for sure now, am swirching back.
But any idea why i got 'nvidia driver has stopped running and recovered' ? When i switched back to my old driver- which i will have to do again now =.=

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

I see, but i have had no choice other than to re install my old driver, my windows rating re bumped up to 7.5 and, gta 4 is normal-
I hope a new driver will be better-

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

No offence mousemonkey but when it comes to trustworthy reviews of Nvidia drivers, you're about as useful as a solar powered torch.

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

No but we have this wonderful thing called "google" that lets us do a search and we can see that others are having issues with these drivers.

Go play Mass Effect and tell me you aren't getting those blue chairs.

And if they don't work then you rollback to the old ones, it's a bit difficult for you to work out I know but ATi drivers are much worse from the posts I've seen as the one's from April seem to be the ones that a lot of users revert back to.

notty22

Distinguished

Your not here to help this guy, your here to troll and make a fanboy editorial how you think Nvidia sucks. please ,enough.

Start a blog.

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

I already helped the guy by advising him to reinstall his old drivers.

The sad thing is, one of the moderators of this forum basically told him to quit whining because like you, he believes there can never be a bad Nvidia driver.

ares1214

Splendid
If their pictures, avatars, and so on cant conotate anything, we obviously have a die hard AMD fanboy and a much less die hard, more just favoring Nvidia mod arguing. MM, you have 8800, correct? Have you used these? Eyefinity, well we all know you havent used these. I havent either. In any event, drivers very rarely decrease performance, but problems arent unheard of. And MM is right, WEI is not very good at conveying anything at all. However, i have NEVER seen it drop or go higher JUST because of drivers. Granted, im on vista, and therefore everything is 5.9 because of that, but seriously, never has SW changed it. Its possible its downclocking your card, that would explain the loss in FPS as well as the WEI decrease.

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Hello, just wanna say I'm using the 260 series of drivers since the .63 beta ones
Now I've the .89 WHQL driver
Played just cause 2,far cry 2,gta 4 on this.
Ran final fantasy XIV official benchmark

Result:The driver works absolutely perfectly and gives nothing but increased FPS.However results did show on the contrary while playing gta 4;the driver crashed one or two times and failed to draw detail while driving by buildings too closely.
Conclusion:GTA IV is an exception.Everything else runs swiftly

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Don't say I'm more die-hard ATI than Mousemonkey is die-hard Nvidia.

He thinks it's fine for Nvidia to cheat and lie and lower performance on ALL cards, if ATI pulled that *** I'd be over them like you wouldn't believe.

He is far more die-hard than I am. You never, ever see Mousemonkey making a good comment about any ATI card so zip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.