Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Unstable video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 21, 2010 8:21:17 PM

system specs

Build
CPU Intel Core 2 E7200 2.53 GHz 3MB L2 cache 1066 MHz FSB 45 nm (product code #BX80571E7200)SLAVN
MB Imtel DP45SG Extreme
PS Antec Earthwatts EA500D 500w
Video BFGtech(Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS)
Ram Corsair TW3X4G1333CDX G
OS Microsoft windows 7 Prox64

The problem is everytime I tax the video for games the screen flickers and freezes a few moments. Even the generic windows games. Freecell, hearts, spades ect....
Isthis problem because of the video card? Is there not enough power?

Thanks

More about : unstable video

October 21, 2010 10:33:51 PM

Do you have the correct and latest drivers installed?

Best solution

October 21, 2010 11:04:07 PM

Your PSU has enough power but there may be a question of whether it is delivering power at the correct voltages. That GPU is quite old now so maybe it is faulty. Try swapping out the PSU and or Card (PSU first if possible) and see if the problem remains.
Related resources
October 22, 2010 3:52:11 PM

All drivers are current from Intel. Nview driver for video. Have not updated bios but am considering it. PS is only a year old don't think it's a problem but will try to replace it. Also I forgot about the ram which shen first installed was in bank 0 and the system would not start at all. I moved them to bamk 1 and the system came up.
memtest showed the memoty to be fine so I let it pass.

Is this a problem? could this affect video

November 1, 2010 10:34:21 AM

I have tried a new PS it has had no effect on the video. Gpu has been replaced with radion ATI crossfire. but the problem still exists. the monitor is an HP w2207. During video playback now the screen freezes for a time as if the GPU cannot keep up with the feed. It is a 1GB GPU at 533 MHz. I am at a loss. This system has been an enourmous expense for me an I cannot afford to throw away any more money on it. Please someone do you have any ideas?
January 27, 2011 9:22:33 PM

Best answer selected by carden49.
!