Sign in with
Your question

BOSD I don't know what else to do....

Last response: in Systems
December 18, 2010 9:58:06 PM

Hello All,

I'm just about at my wits end, and would like to see if anyone has any input.

I just put together a new system:

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Gigabyte EP45-UD3L (factory BIOS from disc)
4GB Kingston DDR2 -6400
nVidia GeForce GTX470 1.2GB running 260.99 WHQL (latest driver)
1TB Seagate 7200 HD

Problem(s):

1) BSOD's : Bad Pool Header, PFN List and 0x779a1da0 referenced memory at 0x08870558 the memory could not be read

2) Error window: The Disk can not be read

What I have done so far:

- replaced the memory (ran memtest on old ram, no issues, replaced just in case, still no issues)

-ran CHKDSK on HD, no problems found

I'm stuck. I don't know what my next step is. I formatted my HD and clean installed Windows 7.
I ran a registry error tool (CCleaner) which returned the normal errors and corrected them)

I have yet to run into another BSOD since replacing the ram and cleaning the reg, but my biggest issue is the error: The disk cannot be read.

Im playing Modern Warfare 2 and just about to load a map when *ding* (in the background) I ctrl+alt+del and find the pop-up message: the disk cannot be read and must click "end process" or reboot...

Any ideas of whats going on here?

More about : bosd

a b B Homebuilt system
December 18, 2010 11:05:47 PM

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.m...
Above link is from a google search. I don't know if there is a solution in there for you or not. I am wondering
1. Does this happen only when you're trying to play a game, or is it a regular issue even when you're just on the internet?
2. Are there any other symptoms? Anything else that you haven't mentioned or previously fixed?
I can't decide if this is a hardware or software issue but leaning toward hardware. I assume you ran virus scan, if so which program. Just in case maybe try malewarebytes. It can be downloaded at www.download.com
for free. If you have not run it and do not have it maybe you should try it just in case. Please be sure to update it right after you download it then run full scan. I would also replace the hdd sata cable with a new one., again easy and cheap, but I don't have high hopes it will solve your issue.
If you post more info we might be able to provide better help
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 18, 2010 11:10:55 PM

Blue screens are normally caused by faulty memory or bad drivers, particularly video drivers. In your case I suspect that faulty memory was the cause of your blue screens.
In the case of the error “the hard disk can not be read” the fault is either the hard disk itself or its controller has gone faulty most probably the hard disk. I would go to the Seagate web site and download their hard disk diagnostic tools for your hard drive and see what the diagnostics tells you.
m
l
December 19, 2010 4:19:04 AM

***Solved***

After replacing the RAM and running a defrag on the local cache everything is working!

Everytime I run into a problem like this.....its ALWAYS the RAM Lol.......

Thank guys :) 
m
l
!