W7 Ultimate SP1
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus flash doesn drive
  1. Best answer
    Is the drive FAT32 formatted?
  2. Thanks for the reply.

Yes it's FAT32 formatted.

Problem sort of solved:

Used the onboard USB 3.0 port and worked fine. Flashed to new BIOS.
  3. You may wanna consider using Asus's easy update....yea I have read the warnings about it but no actual reports of failure....done it well over 100 times w/ no issue.
  4. Best answer selected by Bill101036.
  5. I believe the problem with EZ Flash 2 not recognizing the USB Flash drive is because of the Flash Disk size. By now I am sure you have gotten your answer, but just in case others come looking: I was having the same issue; I own an Asus P5Q Deluxe and had never upgraded the BIOS and had gotten away with it for a long time, having used only Windows XP. But I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and started having stability issues (BSOD, etc), so I couldn't avoid updating the BIOS any longer. I was using a 4GB USB flash disk and no matter what I did the EZ Flash utility in the BIOS would not recognize the USB Flash Disk that contained the new BIOS version. Then I remember reading sometime back that the Flash disk has to be a small size, under 1GB for instance. I borrowed my wife's old 512MB USB stick and BAM, that did the trick. The USB popped up right away in the EZ Flash 2 Utility and I updated my BIOS. Yes, both USB sticks were formatted as FAT32, and I didn't change any of the USB settings in the BIOS before the update.
  6. CuradoKid said:
    I believe the problem with EZ Flash 2 not recognizing the USB Flash drive is because of the Flash Disk size. By now I am sure you have gotten your answer, but just in case others come looking: I was having the same issue; I own an Asus P5Q Deluxe and had never upgraded the BIOS and had gotten away with it for a long time, having used only Windows XP. But I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and started having stability issues (BSOD, etc), so I couldn't avoid updating the BIOS any longer. I was using a 4GB USB flash disk and no matter what I did the EZ Flash utility in the BIOS would not recognize the USB Flash Disk that contained the new BIOS version. Then I remember reading sometime back that the Flash disk has to be a small size, under 1GB for instance. I borrowed my wife's old 512MB USB stick and BAM, that did the trick. The USB popped up right away in the EZ Flash 2 Utility and I updated my BIOS. Yes, both USB sticks were formatted as FAT32, and I didn't change any of the USB settings in the BIOS before the update.

Thank you so much. I looked around for hours before finding your response. Its weird that it needs to be under 1GB
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Asus Flash USB Drive Motherboards