Sign in with
Your question

ASrock Extreme4 Gen3 wont respond

Last response: in Motherboards
November 19, 2011 9:56:39 PM

So here is the deal...
I just received a PC from cyberpowerpc.com with a formatted hard drive.
Specs:
Asrock extreme4 gen3 mobo
Intel 1155 2500k
DDR3 1600 8GB ram
Geforce GTX 550ti gpu

The moment I received the computer I turned it on and everything worked great. There was no OS, but I was able to use the UEFI. The next day I grab my copy of Windows 7 64 bit and I go to install it, but the computer wont turn on. I open the case and see that the fans just keep starting up and stopping every 3 secs. I start pushing buttons naturally. I end up pushing the clear CMOS button on the back, (is that gonna come back to bite me?)

All I know is that my computer wont even recognize a monitor, and it doesn't even make it to BIOS.

Please for God's sake, help me.
a c 206 V Motherboard
November 19, 2011 10:11:09 PM

What is the make and model of the power supply unit? Is it that XtremeGear cr@p that they use as their base PSU?
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2011 10:12:41 PM

You bought a computer from Cyberpower without an installed OS?
you wuz robbed!
Related resources
November 19, 2011 10:22:39 PM

ko888 said:
What is the make and model of the power supply unit? Is it that XtremeGear cr@p that they use as their base PSU?

evidently it is: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply

Can a cheap powersupply really be so cheap that it goes dead on me after 10 minutes of use??? Sounds criminal.
November 19, 2011 10:23:41 PM

DelroyMonjo said:
You bought a computer from Cyberpower without an installed OS?
you wuz robbed!

I chose the formatted hard drive because I already had a perfectly good version of 7 Ultimate 64bit. It actually saved me a good amount of money to do that.
a c 206 V Motherboard
November 19, 2011 10:28:15 PM

green88fender said:
evidently it is: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply

Can a cheap powersupply really be so cheap that it goes dead on me after 10 minutes of use??? Sounds criminal.

I can say that it's definitely not unheard of for a power supply to fail after minutes of use. Cr@p power supplies have a higher failure rate. Some will even be DOA.
!