Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

IBM i Series Thinkpad constantly shuts down

Tags:
  • IBM
  • Power
  • Thinkpad
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
February 14, 2005 6:40:33 PM

I have an IBM I series thinkpad but when I start it up, it comes on and
after a few seconds, shuts down the power. I can not even turn the
machine back on usually - power button is dead- but after a day or two,
it does come back and this repeats.

Obviosly a hardware problem but how to diagnose, and if too complicated
- where is the best/cheapest way to deal with it (am in SF area if that
matters)?

Thanks!

More about : ibm series thinkpad constantly shuts

February 15, 2005 2:14:02 AM

Are you starting with battery? If yes try to take out battery and start
only with AC adapter.