Which z68 motherboard is best among these for this specs

cpu ..intel i5 2500k
psu... corsair 550tx
cpu cooler...cooler master thermal tx3
ram...kingston 4gb ddr3 1600mhz
gpu...msi gtx 560ti
case...antec 300
hdd..seagate 1tb sata(two hdd one is 3gb/s and the other is 6gb/s)
ssd...30gb kingston
the mobos are ASUS P8Z68-M PRO vs Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 vs MSI Z68A-GD55 (B3) vs MSI Z68A-GD65 (B3).the mobo i think of going on is
MSI Z68A-GD55 because it is cheap and good..as this cpu is not going to be running on sli(may be in future after 3 years) ..i think this mobo is good and with this cpu it is going to be overclocked to 4ghz and not more than that..pls suggest me one among these mobos...and important i want to charge my ipod without switching on my cpu (i.e)without logging into windows does any of the boards above has that feature..
7 answers Last reply
More about which motherboard specs
  1. Of those three go with the MSI Z68A-GD65 (B3), but if you are looking for a board that will be better in the long run, go with the MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3). For the little you pay extra you will have a mother board with PCI-E 3.0, which in the future can save you money (Don't have to buy a whole new PC for better performance). One note, this motherboard I recommended you will have to change the memory rating in the BIOS to 1600mhz!!
  2. I use the MSI Z69A-GD65 myself and am happy with it. I do run SLI. but with a 1155 socket and a i7 2600K with Gskill 2133 ram OC (Quad channel matched kit)

I snoop 2 calls it right on the GD80 boards, however keep an eye on the 2011 socket boards and X79 platforms.

The reason I chose the MSI board I am using is because I can allow it to overclock the CPU safely at 4.2 gig and accomodate the two MSI 580 lightning extremes as well as the 6 intel SATA II and III for a all SSD raid capable of bursting close to 4.8 gig And sustained writes/reads that were fantasy last year.

I used to be a strong asus man, however Gigabyte and MSI have demonstrated to me good boards. The computer I type and browse the net with has a very old DFI lanparty. Still plenty for that task.

Tom's Hardware has been of assistance when deciding on the MSI board earlier this year.
  3. i dont have enough budget to buy x79 cpus..
  4. vishalaestro said:
    i dont have enough budget to buy x79 cpus..

the i5 2500k will run fine on that board
  5. vishalaestro said:
    important i want to charge my ipod without switching on my cpu (i.e)without logging into windows does any of the boards above has that feature..

Gigabyte boards can support on/off charging technology, so you can charge an electronic device through USB while the PC is powered off. I also had an older asus board that could do this. Just make sure whichever gigabyte board you choose supports this function. It should tell you in the details/specs.

For instance Gigabyte's website confirms these 3 models support it.

GA-Z68XP-UD3 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128512

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498

GA-Z68XP-UD3P - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128506
  6. does asus or msi offers this technology like charging video players when computer is turned off
  7. Asus has "AI Charge" which should be able to accomplish the same thing. I would confirm it's compatibility with whichever board you are looking at through Asus' website. It may require a software solution if what you want to charge requires more than standard USB power output.

MSI has "I-charge" and may require a software solution like Asus & I think it's primarily for ipad. Not sure if it works in a powered off state either.

You should fully research the functionality of these solutions to make sure they do what you want before you decide which brand to go with.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards CPUs MSI-Microstar