Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel or AMD motherboard, which is better or...?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 20, 2011 5:41:14 AM

I will be building, with assistance, a new $2,000 (about) computer next month. That amount is strictly for components of the computer, not peripherals. I will also be going with i5-2600k or i7-2600k, not sure yet. Also AMD Radeon Graphic cards, most likely 6950/70 or if the new Radeon 7000's come out, I'll go with them. I will have two in Crossfire and want PCI Express 2.0 x 16. For some reason I like AMD. The computer will be for basic 'work', and gaming - BF3 and MW3, and whatever may come out next year in FPS games. I also will want a new monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1200. Just some basic facts and not really relating to the questions below. ;) 

After reading a ton of stuff, my questions are:

1. Is there any difference between Intel P/Z68 mother boards or AMD 990FX boards other than two different companies when priced comparably?

2. Are one company's boards better built then the other or is it just personal preference?

3. Is the new Intel X79 boards for just the the Sandy Bridge 'E' chip?

4. Are the Intel X79 boards comparable with the AMD 990FX boards?

Hope I said the names of everything correctly, it can be a little daunting at times. :pt1cable: 

Thank you very much in advance for any and all comments, information and lectures. ;) 

:bounce: 

PS... I but this tread in new builds, hope that was okay. :??: 

More about : intel amd motherboard

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2011 7:23:53 AM

going with intel is much better.

1.yes, because they are too differ from each other z68 is for sandy bridge and 990fx is for amd bulldozer.

2.both companies board's are better but it up to cpu, intel perfrom better.

3.yes, they are SB-E because they have lga 2011

4.no, intel x79 board are the one fastest now.
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2011 7:42:32 AM

If you want the Biggest and Baddest CPU right now, go with Intel
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2011 7:45:35 AM

what do you mean by "baddest"?
November 30, 2011 12:26:33 AM

Thank you all very much for your answers. Have a great holiday season.

:) 
December 7, 2011 12:57:56 AM

Best answer selected by NoviceNob.
!