Sony Vaio Laptop Display Issue

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 15, 2005 7:00:54 AM

I have a Sony Laptop PCG-NV 100 (Windows XP Pro) that I bought 1 year
and 1 month back :-(.

My laptop has suddenly started giving this problem. After 4-10 seconds
of opening the laptop the screen starts to flicker and goes (nearly)
blank. When in a blank state I can see faint shodowy image of the
applications ( Alt Tab, Windows+E, etc. ).

The Sony Service centre does not support this model and they are
refusing to even look at the problem. Can somebody please help me.

Thanks,
Atul
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 15, 2005 10:54:36 AM

"HavingAProblem" <askulkarni@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1108468854.573623.181540@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>...
> I have a Sony Laptop PCG-NV 100 (Windows XP Pro) that I bought 1 year
> and 1 month back :-(.
>
> My laptop has suddenly started giving this problem. After 4-10 seconds
> of opening the laptop the screen starts to flicker and goes (nearly)
> blank. When in a blank state I can see faint shodowy image of the
> applications ( Alt Tab, Windows+E, etc. ).

This is inverter problem.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 15, 2005 12:27:15 PM

HavingAProblem wrote:
> I have a Sony Laptop PCG-NV 100 (Windows XP Pro) that I bought 1 year
> and 1 month back :-(.
>
> My laptop has suddenly started giving this problem. After 4-10 seconds
> of opening the laptop the screen starts to flicker and goes (nearly)
> blank. When in a blank state I can see faint shodowy image of the
> applications ( Alt Tab, Windows+E, etc. ).
>
> The Sony Service centre does not support this model and they are
> refusing to even look at the problem. Can somebody please help me.
>
> Thanks,
> Atul

"a" says backlight, Vlad says inverter. Either could be correct. My
money is on Vlad. The inverter, located often in the lower horizontal
monitor bezel between the hinges, might be failing, or the connection
could be loose.

For parts (and maybe some advice), try these people:
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/ I have purchased from them and they
are reliable and fairly priced.

For service, try Joe at http://www.aqstech.com . He is highly regarded
for servicing Vaio laptops - reliable, rapid service, fair pricing.

a b D Laptop
February 15, 2005 10:16:43 PM

Both are correct and the first place top check is inverter.... The
NV-series did have a high fail rate on backlights however also.
(most likely cheap CCFL's and heat related)..
February 16, 2005 12:11:06 AM

You have a faulty backlight. This should be covered by warranty.

"HavingAProblem" <askulkarni@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Sony Laptop PCG-NV 100 (Windows XP Pro) that I bought 1 year
> and 1 month back :-(.
>
> My laptop has suddenly started giving this problem. After 4-10 seconds
> of opening the laptop the screen starts to flicker and goes (nearly)
> blank. When in a blank state I can see faint shodowy image of the
> applications ( Alt Tab, Windows+E, etc. ).
>
> The Sony Service centre does not support this model and they are
> refusing to even look at the problem. Can somebody please help me.
>
> Thanks,
> Atul

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 17, 2005 2:50:00 AM

I thought you might be interested in this link. They just launched.
http://www.yourfreegifts.net/
!