Sign in with
Your question

Replacement CPU fan for alienware M17X-R1

Last response: in Components
March 15, 2011 12:02:42 AM

Hello,
Seems that I cant find a replacement CPU heatsink/fan for a M17X-R1. Seems a shame that my laptop, barely 2 years old is rendered useless my a fan, because alienware wont sell me one, because its out of warranty, and no one else seems to have it in stock. ANy suggestions?
a c 98 à CPUs
March 15, 2011 12:39:17 PM

Before you throw in the towel, try this outfit: http://prosites-skyline.homestead.com/files/contact_us/...

Skyline Graphics. The gentleman is very helpful, and stocks all kinds of fans. Reasonable prices too. Explain your situation in detail to him. I am one of their happy customers.
m
l
May 9, 2011 1:37:09 AM

finally after so long, found a fan on ebay, they have more..... had it installed by a wonderful tech at CB computers in orange county. NO hassles, he replaced it, made sure it worked , checked temps and thats all it took to save my laptop.
m
l
Related resources
June 4, 2011 1:42:05 AM

anavidfan said:
finally after so long, found a fan on ebay, they have more..... had it installed by a wonderful tech at CB computers in orange county. NO hassles, he replaced it, made sure it worked , checked temps and thats all it took to save my laptop.

Oh gosh! Same problem here! Any way you can send me the link to the ebay listing, or the user, anything. I've been searching for months. My email is lisawolfe698@hotmail.com. I would appreciate it so much!
m
l
June 12, 2011 7:18:06 AM

Hello Lisa, I sent you an email regarding the fan, on ebay the whole unit/heatsink fan is sold out but I found the fan only. I looked on the old one and found the model number etc and there are 3 sellers that stock the delta fan. It seems easy enough to unscrew the fan and pop in the new one, just attach the 4 prong connector to the bo ard. I figure that its a better deal as the heatsink itself doesnt need to be replaced. Hope you got my email and good luck to you and others that are in same boat.
m
l
!