No sound, even after installing Drivers

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi guys, I really need you help with this, its the first time that has happened to me and I have tried a lot and nothing worked.
I did a fresh install on a Gateway E4300 PC (my moms friend gave it to me to fix it), after installing Windows XP Professional 32-bit, I installed all the drivers for the specific MOBO, everything is OK except AUDIO, I've tried installing several version of the driver, rolling back the driver, restarting, and I does not want to work. In the device manager window, everything seems to be good, but I still don't have sound, and its telling me that there is no device installed.

Do you guys know what the problem might be?...

Thanks

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I already downloaded that driver and installed it, it installed successfully but still no sound, I've download the latest, the oldest drivers, also the ones from Gateway, and the ones from Intel (motherboard is an Intel mobo)... Nothing works...

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
The problem was that Windows was telling me that there was NO DEVICE at all, even after the installation of the drivers was successful... I got tired of this problem and installed Windows 7, now the sound works, so that computer will stick with that OS because I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to fix a problem of a really old and crappy PC :fou:

Thanks