Sign in with
Your question

Asrock M3A770DE sound issue

Last response: in Components
March 15, 2011 4:09:47 AM

Well I have my new machine all nice and built. Problem is, I can't seem to find out how to get the stinkin' audio to work. I've googled and been in-n-out of the bios changing the audio settings to no avail. :fou:  Motherboard: Asrock M3A770DE, installed drivers from CD. There is a speaker on the notification bar and when I hover the mouse over it, it says, 'Digital Audio (S/PDIF): 100%'. I have just a normal 2 channel speaker setup and can't hookup to that plug. How the heck do I change it so that the sound comes out the lime green plug? I'm running Win 7 HP x64.

Thanks much for any help,
Madmurr
March 15, 2011 9:43:40 AM

Simple right click the volume icon
playback devices
set speakers as default
m
l
March 15, 2011 12:11:12 PM

Thanks Davcon for the reply - wish it was that easy. Upon opening up playback devices, all that was listed was ATI HDMI Output and SPDIF Interface. I had to go to the install DVD and install the VIA drivers manually found here: D:\Drivers\Audio\VIA\Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(V8100f) and run setup. (D is the drive letter, change accordingly) It was strange because it looked like the install failed but it wanted to reboot anyway, so I did. Next login, poof, I had sound. Opening up playback devices then showed speakers using VIA High Definition Audio as default.
m
l
August 27, 2011 11:32:11 AM

madmurr said:
Thanks Davcon for the reply - wish it was that easy. Upon opening up playback devices, all that was listed was ATI HDMI Output and SPDIF Interface. I had to go to the install DVD and install the VIA drivers manually found here: D:\Drivers\Audio\VIA\Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(V8100f) and run setup. (D is the drive letter, change accordingly) It was strange because it looked like the install failed but it wanted to reboot anyway, so I did. Next login, poof, I had sound. Opening up playback devices then showed speakers using VIA High Definition Audio as default.

I have the same problem with this motherboard and the sound just stoped working one day. Did you take the dvd that came with the motherboard och did you found drivers online?

Please reply! :) 

Thanks.
m
l
!