Logitech G9 mouse, can it be fixed?

Nakkiel

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
My G9's middle wheel decided to break right after I bought a ton of things to rebuild my system.. and I don't want to spend the money on a new one right now. Is there a way to fix it?

When I scroll it barely scrolls, as though it can only intermittently sense I'm moving the scroll. It happened very suddenly and once and awhile will not work at all for ~5-10 sec, and other times it will work perfectly for a bit. It has these issues in both the free-spin & ratchet. The actual button portion of the wheel works fine.

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the driver/software and that did not fix it, and windows is not seeing any hardware errors. I am fairly sure it isn't the software though.

Solution
looks like hardware failure. Windows can not diagnose these, as it has no way of physically examining the piece. i'm afraid it's time for another mouse.

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I just purchased mine 3 months ago. Its worked fine up to yesterday. I don't know if the mouse is broke or if its a windows problem. Any advise.

Also this mouse has a warranty of 3 years.

mice are reasonably simple creatures. take off the feet to reveal the screws. carefully separate the top and bottom making sure you dont pull any of the gubbins (wires and lenses) out of there housings. 1s done its a pretty simple task of giving it the 1s over with a brush to remove any dirt and check any moving parts for ware... you will be able to tell pretty much straight away if a part has failed or something has worked loose. if the wheel has jumped its housing then it should be simple enough to put it back on...
either way its a worth while exercise to open it just to see how little is in there even if you cant fix it.