9800gx2 ssc

Hi everybody
"FLASHING"
This IS A EVGA 9800gx2 SSC SLI Card.

So far I went to dos booting up a floppy.
I typed nvflash - b bakupold.rom and when I executed it brought up 2 bios's. I backed up both seccessively.
#1 says: BRO4 (0)
#2 SAYS: 9800gx2 (1)
#3 the 9800gx2 (2) is missing.(this row #3 does not show on the floppy)

I backed up my Bios to a floppy and there were 2 bios so I saved both. One was called "BRO4 (0)" The other 9800gx2 (0). I think I'm missing another bios

called 9800gx2 (2) I believe I flashed the bios at a later time and screwed it up. Now both bios are called 9800gx2 (1) or the bro4 is the second bios

now. I may of screwed up the original BRO4 bios. Both used to show up in gPU-Z 1 & 2 now only one shows up in gpu-z. I don't know what I did. Can

someone understand what I'm saying?????? HELP!! I'm using the GPU as we speak so at least 1 gpu works.

This card is different than others. There are 3 bios on this card. BR04 Bridge bios, Core 1 bios and Core 2 bios.

I've made a boot disk and put as follows:
cwsdpmi
Display.sys
ega.cpi
ega2.cpi
ega3.cpi
G92 0.bin
G92 1.bin
KEYBOARD.SYS
KEYBOARD2.SYS
KEYBOARD3.SYS
KEYBOARD4.SYS
MODE.EXE
nvflash

Another question is: Every were I read I need to run Nibitor in dos. I don't know how. I know it's to big to put (extract) to a floppy.
So how can I run nibitor in dos?
Thank you, Rich
1 answer Last reply
More about 9800gx2
  1. Nibitor needs to be run in windows. It is used to modify the bios.
    Once you have modified the bios, you save it.
    Load the modified bios to a bootable DOS floppy drive along with NVflash.
    It is better to remove one of the cards. Flash the bios. Change cards. Flash bios on second card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards BIOS Floppy Disk Graphics