Antec 12000 Front USB 3.0

Nakkiel

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
The setup they have is really bad for that. It's my only complaint I have for the case. Is there an adapter or anything that will let me use my motherboard's USB 3.0 port instead of plugging the wire into a back USB 3.0?

Honestly even if I could use the port as a 2.0 it would be better than being wasted as it is now, I'm not going to use one of my back ones for that. Any ideas either way?

Solution
Currently, there is no "header-adapter" for the USB 3.0 cable. :( Your only option is to use the back port, at this point in time (that I'm aware of).

antec_peter

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011

=============================

If you look across the board of all other manufacturers, there are no internal USB 3.0 header currently
that will allow you to plug directly into the MB USB 3.0 pinout. I believe it's not yet a standard so your only means of using the USB 3.0 on the front of the case is plugging into your USB 3.0 port on the back of the I/O of your MB.

taichiphx

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
From researching this myself, it appears that some of the case manufacturers make these adapters. It's just a matter of confirming that it's compatible with your existing case.

This one from Cooler Master:
621024410-GP

works with their HAF-912 case. Since it's only a half bracket, it may be easy to adapt to other cases as well. If the link I add doesn't work, you can always google it for the page by using the part number above. Reasonably priced as well.

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?products_id=688

Nakkiel

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
That is actually for adding additional USB 3.0 slots to the front in place of a device/fan/hard drive slot. Which is neat, but I was talking about an adapter to allow you to directly plug the existing one into the motherboard rather than routing a cable all the way to the back from the inside and plugging it into one of those.. which just makes no sense. (Especially since you would have to hang it right in front of the side window since there is barely enough slack to reach.)