Lag problem. how to fix

inerax

Distinguished
so i have started to have a video lag problem in wow.

what i have noticed is that when i get the lag problem my CPU frequency is running aroun 800 mhz. then it it jump back to 3.4hgz and its fine.

what setting is making the cpu drop like that?

how do i turn it off?

thanks!

Watch your temps when its doing it, it may be hitting a limit and throttling down due to heat, run HW Monitor while you game and post the max temps your CPU hits.

Normally there is no reason a CPU would drop down to 800MHz when its under anything greater than a small load, WoW would cause it to ignore cool'n'quiet and just run at full power so there must be something else causing it.

inerax

Distinguished
when running the game i am getting 41.4c for the CPU.

i have a zalman cooler. antec 1200 case. new rear fans pointing in.

i dont htink its a over heating problem.

could the cool n quite be trying to scale it back?

im watching the tems and frequency in pc wizzard and it keeps dropping randomly.

inerax

Distinguished
so... some *** happened. i ran amd overdrive. clicked on auto clock and it started to run.

then BAM computer shut down. pushed power button and it would not come back on.... ***.....

reset cmos via jumper on board. pc came back on.

when it booted i went into setup and turned off cool n quite in bios. not happening anymore.

wow is now running on ultra and CPU temp is 51c.

dunoo..... but its working.....

cool and quiet forces the cpu to use less power and halving its multipliers when its idle.

possibly sum1 set the cpu idle to 100 percent in the power saving options in windows meaning cool and quiet was always on and interfering with your gaming.

its worth a check to see if the powerplans have been changed and if it has been adjusted, set it back to 1-5 percent. 1s done and if it fixes the problem it means you can turn cool and quiet back on and get the benefits of low power state idle....