I heard today that NAVGAP was winding down and will cease operations when
the last games wrap up. Is this true?

--
It's all about Vanguard.

Salve,
> I heard today that NAVGAP was winding down and will cease operations when
> the last games wrap up. Is this true?

Why shall that be true? Neill did not give a hint in that direction as
far as I know. And why would he make new games for start-up available,
if it were so?
http://www.navgap.com/games-new.html

Ingo

--
Ingo von Borstel <newsgroups@planetmaker.de>
http://www.planetmaker.de

If you need an urgent reply, replace newsgroups by vgap.

G'day,

CODB Dad wrote:

> I heard today that NAVGAP was winding down and will cease operations when
> the last games wrap up. Is this true?

I hope NAVGAP is not winding down, as I have not been told that.

Having just moved NAVGAP to a faster PC, put it and the ADSL modem on a
UPS, and gone through the pain of having to restore data following an
absolutely disasterous software upgrade from W98 to XP (how to trash a
hard drive in one easy lesson) I expect to continue to be running NAVGAP
for years to come.

For almost 2 months I virtually lost contact with the NAVGAP PC, as the
first attempt at upgrading to XP resulted in my main PC (the one I use
to inteface with the NAVGAP server) having its hard drive wiped clean
and taking with it all my "utility" files. I had backed up all NAVGAP
and RCCL data files, just incase the upgrade went bad... it went bad I
lost email, newsgroup, host utilites, and my early NAVGAP emails
(everything pre 2000). I never knew just how many little things we not
backed up, as I concentrated on the important data files and missed the
other things. :-(

NAVGAP is still running and still offering games for players to enjoy.

My biggest concern is the amount of time it takes to get enough players
to join a game so the game starts... players wait and wait and wait and
then move on to another host, thus making a game take even longer to start.

I used to offer heaps of games (10), and observe that they took over 2
months to get enough players to start the game.

A player suggested I only offer a few games on the basis that they will
fill up quicker and get going... so that is what I'm doing.

I work with a guy that plays at NAVGAP and he said he got an email a few
weeks back saying it was winding down. I'm registered at NAVGAP too but I
never got it. Maybe someone is pulling a hoax?

Or maybe my buddy is winding me up? I'll see if I can get a copy of the
email. If I do I'll forward it on to you.

Cheers

Jim

--
It's all about Vanguard.

"NAVGAP Admin" <Admin@nav-nomorspam-gap.com> wrote in message
> G'day,
>
> CODB Dad wrote:
>
> > I heard today that NAVGAP was winding down and will cease operations
when
> > the last games wrap up. Is this true?
>
> I hope NAVGAP is not winding down, as I have not been told that.
>
> Having just moved NAVGAP to a faster PC, put it and the ADSL modem on a
> UPS, and gone through the pain of having to restore data following an
> absolutely disasterous software upgrade from W98 to XP (how to trash a
> hard drive in one easy lesson) I expect to continue to be running NAVGAP
> for years to come.
>
> For almost 2 months I virtually lost contact with the NAVGAP PC, as the
> first attempt at upgrading to XP resulted in my main PC (the one I use
> to inteface with the NAVGAP server) having its hard drive wiped clean
> and taking with it all my "utility" files. I had backed up all NAVGAP
> and RCCL data files, just incase the upgrade went bad... it went bad I
> lost email, newsgroup, host utilites, and my early NAVGAP emails
> (everything pre 2000). I never knew just how many little things we not
> backed up, as I concentrated on the important data files and missed the
> other things. :-(
>
> NAVGAP is still running and still offering games for players to enjoy.
>
> My biggest concern is the amount of time it takes to get enough players
> to join a game so the game starts... players wait and wait and wait and
> then move on to another host, thus making a game take even longer to
start.

> I used to offer heaps of games (10), and observe that they took over 2
> months to get enough players to start the game.
>
> A player suggested I only offer a few games on the basis that they will
> fill up quicker and get going... so that is what I'm doing.

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:52:23 -0400, "CODB Dad"
<munged@munge.munge.invalid> wrote:

>I work with a guy that plays at NAVGAP and he said he got an email a few
>weeks back saying it was winding down. I'm registered at NAVGAP too but I
>never got it. Maybe someone is pulling a hoax?
>
>Or maybe my buddy is winding me up? I'll see if I can get a copy of the
>email. If I do I'll forward it on to you.

Also with NAVGAP and never got that email, might be a hoax.
Navgap is one of the best hosts IMHO, but then I might be bias as I
like host from the land down under :)

Sorry - false alarm. It was Cobos that sent the message out, not NAVGAP (he
has played at both).

I should have checked the details first.

Cheers

Jim

--
It's all about Vanguard.