Motherboard and PSU problem :(

schaf85

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
i was getting blue screen errors and my comp kept crashing for a couple weeks.finally my comp would turn on but my monitor wouldnt display anything so i started messing with it.
but anyways,i accidentally plugged the 6 pinned plug thats supposed to go into my video card into the 4 slot motherboard slot.it fit perfectly and i didnt notice a thing! they both look exactly alike. well when i turned my comp on it blew and started smoking.it wouldnt turn on after this so i assumed i fried the motherboard.
well i moved my psu and video card into my old computer but it wont even turn on! how could that have possibly destroyed my psu?!?! is it even possible?

schaf85

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
yeah :( i am jsut so bummed cause that comp was my life and i did a stupid mistake.i also spent a lot of money on it.
i asked here cause i wanted to make sure.maybe someone has done something similar.i dont get it,did electricity shoot back into the psu or something? i figured if anything,only the video card cord wouldve been damaged along with the motherboard.